• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Lexus IS Convertible

briancl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't like the rear end. This is a huge step up from the prior incarnation, but it still doesn't appeal to my eye.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by briancl
I don't like the rear end. This is a huge step up from the prior incarnation, but it still doesn't appeal to my eye.

+1

No likey.

Pennglock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something a little too Miata-like about the rear.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like a baby SC430 from the front and side. Lexus must be running out of ideas.

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn you guys are harsh. I like my IS 350. I'm split about the convertible though.

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This car looks absolutely awkward in person. It's easy to tell this was a design not created from originality, but one created from a body not intended to be a 2 door convert.

I love the IS, but this is a less than stellar design.

w.mj

Reaction score
As with every other Lexus design, it looks like a smoothed-out Mercedes. I admire Lexus as a well-run firm, but they're not real subtle about, ahem, borrowing their design cues.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
I agree that the back is a little messy but overall I like the design. I look forward to seeing one in person.

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the normal IS somewhat (even if it's getting a bit stale now) but the convertible is just awful. There is zero flow to how the roofline is and the rear quarter. Many times cars that started their lives as a sedan and turned into a convert don't work, they are forcing the proportions.

hannibal06

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
Looks like a baby SC430 from the front and side. Lexus must be running out of ideas.

They had ideas? I thought most of the time they just ripped off designs of other manufacturers.

epb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
I agree that the back is a little messy but overall I like the design. I look forward to seeing one in person.

I don't think anyone has a good rear design in a hardtop 4-seat convertible. You can't fit all that hardware back there, leave the owner some trunk space, and have the car look sleek at the rear.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads