• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New laces for Brown Wolverine 1000 Mile boots...colored?

Delphi270

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've had my brown 1000 mile boots for about 6 or 7 months now and the laces are completely destroyed. I wear these beauties nearly every single day, and I try not to baby them. I'm looking for advice on new laces. unionmade has some sick colored laces put out by Benjo's, the red ones look especially sweet. What do you people think about putting a colored boot lace on the 1000 milers? Is this a faux pas, or will it call some more attention to these awesome boots? Right now, I've repurposed the laces from my old Quoddy grizzly boots. They work great and look pretty nice, but I wanted something that would bring a little flair to the boots. Advice?

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They go fast. I replaced mine in less time. I like coloured laces on shoes but not sure about putting them on Wolverines or Red Wings.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could be fun to mess with but anything other than a mud brown would end up mud brown for me You should hit the 1K threads in streetwear if you want to know all about these boots. Here's my 1K collection in various stages of disarray.....

Delphi270

Reaction score

Could be fun to mess with but anything other than a mud brown would end up mud brown for me You should hit the 1K threads in streetwear if you want to know all about these boots. Here's my 1K collection in various stages of disarray.....
Dude, various stages of epicness. Your addisons look ill. It looks like you really beat these suckers up. I wore mine to a concert in boston a few months ago and some clown stepped on the toebox of the right boot. It kinda collapsed and deformed the toe a bit. I was super pissed off and contemplated trying to send them in to see if Wolverine could repair them, but now I've come to the conclusion that it gives them some added character. Plus, I don't even know if Wolverine could reshape the toe. It seems to me that the whole process of removing the sole would be cost prohibitive.

JoshuaRoza

Reaction score
Just curious lachyzee, when was that? When I called they said they don't send them out and that I needed to purchase from an authorized dealer and sent me to the link mentioned above.

Josh

dada

Reaction score
Same for me, they wrote me I have to buy laces from their authorized dealer...

TactileOne

Reaction score
I use the red ones from Benjo in my 1000 mile color 8 boots. Like the look, wish they were a bit shorter though.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Striped round boot laces from Wolverine about 45 inches long work fine.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads