• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Kanye Album

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Agreed. Although he has some clever lyrics here and there, the production value on his tracks are paramount.

wiru

Reaction score
Originally Posted by scnupe7
He isn't even good at rapping. Only making making beats.

I would say was good at making beats. Be was the highpoint for me, and his solo albums are just straight up pop. Bad pop, at that.

scnupe7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wiru
I would say was good at making beats. Be was the highpoint for me, and his solo albums are just straight up pop. Bad pop, at that.

I would disagree. Finding Forever has some great beats.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know this sounds ridiculous to say in a thread about Kanye, but Common's style gets old fast.

wiru

Reaction score
I would disagree. Finding Forever has some great beats.
That's true, he still manages good stuff. Just not, for me, at the same level as his best from 3-4 years ago. I used to try and hunt down every Kanye beat that came out, but now it's not worth it. It just disappoints me to see the direction he's gone. When he first started rapping he was talking about being the next Tribe Called Quest, now it seems like he's aiming to be the next LL Cool J

Aaron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not understanding the love for 808 & Heartbreak. The reason I like Kanye's beats so much is their complexity and orchestral nature. This has none of that. It's like every song is 65% to being great.

That being said, I didn't lose a mother and fiance in one year...

James Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He isn't even good at rapping. Only making making beats.

Compared to most of the **** out there, he's very good at rapping.

Originally Posted by dusty
I know this sounds ridiculous to say in a thread about Kanye, but Common's style gets old fast.

Lies/untruths.

smoothkid

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty

Agreed. Especially now that he's experimenting with new producers. I really hate his new song with Pharrell. Common should really just stick to conscious raps and beats instead of sci-fi electro funk stuff. He should've learned his lesson when Electric Circus came out and noone liked it.

scnupe7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by smoothkid
Agreed. Especially now that he's experimenting with new producers. I really hate his new song with Pharrell. Common should really just stick to conscious raps and beats instead of sci-fi electro funk stuff. He should've learned his lesson when Electric Circus came out and noone liked it.

+1

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Why am I not surprised? Beyonce and Taylor constantly kill it with "Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It)" and "The Best Day" respectively.

808s was mixtape quality at best. This ought to show that pompous prick.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Neo, I don't really think he cares. He's already said he's working on another album, possibly due out by June. He put this album out for himself, performance be damned.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads