• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New John Lobb black "William" double monkstraps 7E UK

aybojs

Reaction score
I'm selling this brand new in box, never worn pair of black buffalo grain John Lobb "William" double monkstraps. The size is 7E UK; if you need a frame of reference, the shoes are my size, and I generally straddle the line between 7.5D and 8D in U.S. sizing.

The William is one of John Lobb's most well known and popular models, and thus can be hard to find on discount. The model number is 9795, and I will disclose that there is a small "R" next to the model number written on the inside lining of the shoes, which, I assume, would them designated factory rejects. I'm actually a little unsure myself, since the "John Lobb - Made in England" stamp appears on the soles of both shoes, the box is a standard yellow John Lobb box rather than a generic gray box, and the shoes were purchased from a non-discount retail department store. After a thorough lookover, I couldn't find any noticeable flaw on the uppers, soles, or inside lining that would have earned them reject classification, and past discussions of this subject suggest that it is pretty common to encounter "reject" label John Lobb shoes that have no visible imperfections.

At any rate, below are a few pictures of the shoes. The shoes come with a pair of John Lobb shoe bags, a John Lobb shoe box, a hardcover mini John Lobb catalog with a list of models (I turned the page to the one showing the William in the photo), and a John Lobb shoe care guide. I am not including the shoe trees, but if someone really wanted them, I suppose I could throw them in for a nominal (maybe $10?) surcharge.

lobbwilliam1ar9.jpg

lobbwilliam2rx5.jpg

lobbwilliam3rt0.jpg

lobbwilliam4nh6.jpg

This is a really lovely pair of shoes, and if I weren't in need of cash, I would definitely be wearing them out instead. However, I am, and so I am asking $475 shipped, either by check or money order (sorry, can't do PayPal). Please PM me if you have any questions.

aybojs

Reaction score
Bump, price drop to $450 shipped, and open to offers if that's still prohibitive.

Mute

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh man! Why couldn't these have been posted last week? Too many purchases this past week. My wife will kill me if I buy anything else.

SGladwell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mute
Oh man! Why couldn't these have been posted last week? Too many purchases this past week. My wife will kill me if I buy anything else.
More to the point, why couldn't they be three sizes bigger?

pabloj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would you mind posting exact measurements?
Thanks in advance

aybojs

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pabloj
Would you mind posting exact measurements?
Thanks in advance

What specific measurements would you like? Shoes admitedly aren't my forte, but I'd be happy to provide some measurements if I knew which ones are desired/considered the common standards.

pabloj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd say shoe length and maximum width

aybojs

Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply: had two very long shifts at work Sunday night and all Monday.

The length of the shoe (measuring from the end of the heel to the tip of the toe) is 11.75 inches. The width of the widest part of the shoe (middle of the sole basically) is just under 4.5 inches. Hope that helps; let me know if you need more info.

aybojs

Reaction score
I'm going to knock these down to a final price of $425 shipped. At the end of this weekend or so, I'll be putting these on eBay, so act fast if you're interested in this sweet pair of shoes.

aybojs

Reaction score
Shoes are sold pending receipt and clearance of payment. Thanks for all the expressions of interest.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads