• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

New Job, New Clothes

SocialiteGent

Reaction score
Greetings,

I am the owner of an online business but I dress pretty well. I currently have the following in my wardrobe:

5 - Suits
4 - Trousers
4 - Dress Shirts
4 - Polo Style Shirts
1 - Pair of Boots
1 - Black Belt
1- Brown Belt

Obviously, my wardrobe could be expanded drastically. I would appreciate any suggestions SF members may have. I enjoy Italian wool suits, oxford shirts, and leather soled shoes. I don't want people to assume just because I own an online business that I am "geeky" for it is that I'm not. I live in Texas so it is quite hot until about November but still wear suits year around. I don't have a fixed paycheck each month but I typically make about $5,000,000 per year so I don't mind spending money if the product is high quality.

Thanks

Last edited:

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that you in the picture? Also, more information about the items purchased already and size information would be helpful - and you could afford to choose forms of help beyond anonymous amateurs.

SocialiteGent

Reaction score

Is that you in the picture? Also, more information about the items purchased already and size information would be helpful - and you could afford to choose forms of help beyond anonymous amateurs.

Yes, that is me in the photo at a horse race. I wear a 42R jacket, 16/34 shirt, 34x34 trousers, 7 1/8 hat, and size 10 1/2 shoes.

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Based on that, options are endless [edit: woops]. Dress shoes maybe? No pairs were listed. Again, without "more information about the items purchased already," who knows - maybe they are so good that there is no reason to expand, other than a few more dress shirts.

Last edited:

Valfunde

Reaction score
If you're making $5 mil each year you could easily go bespoke on everything. What outfit are you exactly looking to expand upon? Just suits or a regular everyday outfit that looks casual but stylish?

I see that you're in Dallas, Hadleigh's over at Highland Park Village seems to be a pretty good shop for your suit and shoe needs. Give them a call and make an appointment.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
You might also ask at the Good Natured Advice Thread: Building a Business Wardrobe. That's a thread originally meant to cater to such endeavors. Still a good place if you can manage to keep everyone's attention long enough and weed through the deluge of (mostly) solid advice.

Also, Chris Despos (@Despos), one of the best bespoke tailors in the US, operates out of Dallas and Chicago.

Last edited:

Seamless

Reaction score

You might also ask at the Good Natured Advice Thread: Building a Business Wardrobe. That's a thread originally meant to cater to such endeavors. Still a good place if you can manage to keep everyone's attention long enough and weed through the deluge of (mostly) solid advice.

Also, Chris Despos (@Despos), one of the best bespoke tailors in the US, operates out of Dallas and Chicago.

Despos does beautiful work. If he's and option you should consider him. If you live closer to NYC David Reeves is on here as well and he does a very nice suit as well.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 59 17.3%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 114 33.3%
  • 8”

Votes: 104 30.4%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 36 10.5%
  • 9”

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.0%