New Job, New Clothes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SocialiteGent, Nov 12, 2015.

1. SocialiteGent

SocialiteGent New Member

Greetings,

I am the owner of an online business but I dress pretty well. I currently have the following in my wardrobe:

5 - Suits
    4 - Trousers
    4 - Dress Shirts
    4 - Polo Style Shirts
    1 - Pair of Boots
    1 - Black Belt
    1- Brown Belt

Obviously, my wardrobe could be expanded drastically. I would appreciate any suggestions SF members may have. I enjoy Italian wool suits, oxford shirts, and leather soled shoes. I don't want people to assume just because I own an online business that I am "geeky" for it is that I'm not. I live in Texas so it is quite hot until about November but still wear suits year around. I don't have a fixed paycheck each month but I typically make about $5,000,000 per year so I don't mind spending money if the product is high quality.

Thanks

Last edited: Nov 13, 2015

2. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Senior member

Is that you in the picture? Also, more information about the items purchased already and size information would be helpful - and you could afford to choose forms of help beyond anonymous amateurs.

3. SocialiteGent

SocialiteGent New Member

Yes, that is me in the photo at a horse race. I wear a 42R jacket, 16/34 shirt, 34x34 trousers, 7 1/8 hat, and size 10 1/2 shoes.

4. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Senior member

Based on that, options are endless [edit: woops]. Dress shoes maybe? No pairs were listed. Again, without "more information about the items purchased already," who knows - maybe they are so good that there is no reason to expand, other than a few more dress shirts.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2015

5. Valfunde

Valfunde Well-Known Member

If you're making $5 mil each year you could easily go bespoke on everything. What outfit are you exactly looking to expand upon? Just suits or a regular everyday outfit that looks casual but stylish?

I see that you're in Dallas, Hadleigh's over at Highland Park Village seems to be a pretty good shop for your suit and shoe needs. Give them a call and make an appointment.

6. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

You might also ask at the Good Natured Advice Thread: Building a Business Wardrobe. That's a thread originally meant to cater to such endeavors. Still a good place if you can manage to keep everyone's attention long enough and weed through the deluge of (mostly) solid advice.

Also, Chris Despos (@Despos), one of the best bespoke tailors in the US, operates out of Dallas and Chicago.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015

7. Seamless

Seamless Senior member

Despos does beautiful work. If he's and option you should consider him. If you live closer to NYC David Reeves is on here as well and he does a very nice suit as well.