Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

New Job, New Clothes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by avicii, Jun 18, 2011.

1. avicii

avicii New Member

I just graduated and got a job where I'll be travelling a while wearing business casual stuff. I'm in the process of picking up a new wardrobe, but since I just graduated, I'm trying to keep it semi cheap.

Anybody have suggestion on slim, non-iron dress shirts? I was looking at T.M. Lewin and I can get 4 shirts for around $200. Their shirts looked pretty decent. Anybody have any experience with these?

I have a couple pairs of Brooks Brothers Milano chinos that I can wear, but I was looking for something similar (slim, non-iron slacks), however, in dark and light gray. Any suggestions?

For shoes, what do you guys think about the Mezlan Mercker Monk Straps? Or any suggestions on any decent shoes for around $100-150?

Thanks!

2. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

brooks brothers is having 40% off their shirts if you buy 4 or more. sale starts next week. congrats on the job!

3. LanceW

LanceW Senior member

Use the forum to research Mezlan.

4. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

If you're just starting to build a wardrobe then you should get some more versatile shoes before you get anything like those monk-straps.

5. avicii

avicii New Member

brooks brothers is having 40% off their shirts if you buy 4 or more. sale starts next week. congrats on the job!

awesome, thanks! i'll definitely stop by my brooks brothers on monday to look at some shirts.

If you're just starting to build a wardrobe then you should get some more versatile shoes before you get anything like those monk-straps.

i do have a pair of oxfords that i've been wearing. im hoping to wear these monk straps whenever i travel.

6. techstyles

techstyles Senior member

Nordstrom Rack often has Allen Edmonds in that price range. You could also probably find shirts in your range there or on Sierra Trading Post, and then take them to a tailor and get them fitted to you.

Congrats on the job!

7. Grenadier

Grenadier Senior member

awesome, thanks! i'll definitely stop by my brooks brothers on monday to look at some shirts.

i do have a pair of oxfords that i've been wearing. im hoping to wear these monk straps whenever i travel.

Splurge on a cordovan loafer that will last you a good 20+ years.

8. saiyar1

saiyar1 Senior member

Do you have the URL to an ad for this? Just curious if there are exceptions (I'd like to pick up extra slim fit non iron in staple colors).

9. spark032207

spark032207 Member