1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

New JJ Abrams TV show "Fringe"

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by denning, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

whelp, you called that one.

2. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

so lame that they're ending it this way. everything's so telegraphed now.

3. Meis

Meis Senior member

eh, I wouldn't be so sure...

Also, as far as the 'first observer' thing I'm not 100% sure now after the preview of the next episode... the "x amount of time before the changes become permanent" line makes me think its split between -

-tech stays, he becomes more and more distant and more towards him as the 1st observer

-or, he beats winmark in the next episode and then walter removes the tech before it can't be undone and he goes back to normal Peter without the extra powers and with human emotions... and then the focus of the show goes more heavily onto Walter not turning into the man he was before he had the parts of his brain removed.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  4. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

I don't think it'll lead to Peter being the first observer seeing how they're supposed to be from the 27th century. Don't see how they can explain the few hundred years in between.

Also, my memory of last season is fuzzy but what happened with the whole alternative universe and William Bell attempting to destroy the world plot? How did Bell end up in amber with Walter and the gang?

5. SD1

SD1 Senior member

This last series has been insanely good. I was apprehensive at first having the final episodes in the future, but they have done an excellent job of keeping everything moving full speed.

6. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Walter tripping balls was HILARIOUS. I freaked out when the imaginary fingers came down and snatched him up.

7. gort

gort Senior member

Well Fringe is done. :(

I didn't catch all of this season as I had moved with a few episodes on my old DVR but I mostly caught the final season. Sad no more Walter Bishop.

8. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

That was a really good way to send off the show. Sad its gone, as there's really no good Sci-Fi left on TV any more.

9. gort

gort Senior member

Continuum is airing in the US now on Syfy, I hear that's pretty good?

10. L.R.

L.R. Senior member

There is nothing in the Fringe/Buffy/X-Files slot of fun teams with weird plots, and no space faring Battlestar/Star-Trek/Stargate shows. For a time when science fiction, fantasy and superheros are really hitting the mainstream on the big screen, there's a dearth of tv offerings.

11. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

yeah, its worth a watch. sadly, i already watched it when it was on in Canadia, so there's nothing else...

12. gort

gort Senior member

Supernatural was always good IMO but I haven't had a chance to watch the current season.

13. SD1

SD1 Senior member

FINALLY caught the finale. Agree that it was a satisfying and inventive end to what was IMO one of the best sci-fi series in TV history.

14. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

My problem with Fringe (same with Lost) is that after finishing the series I can't help but think the writers had no idea how the story will unfold and were just writing week to week for a while. The result is that ultimately the earlier seasons with all the "pattern" events and ZFT etc... and even the alternate universe had no tie-in with the observer invasion.

15. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Well, to be fair, they were on the verge of getting cancelled by Fox every season, so its hard to plot several seasons in advance when they may not even exist.