• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

New jeans collectios

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i never thought i'd see wrangler jeans listed for $125. at least that's the price on builtbywendy's site. yipes. is wrangler 'cool' now or something?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score

Brian SD

Reaction score
i never thought i'd see wrangler jeans listed for $125. at least that's the price on builtbywendy's site. yipes. is wrangler 'cool' now or something?
Wranglers have been at least moderately cool (affiliated but different company) in Europe for a while now. Â All the traditional American jeans companies are seeing the advantage of having a foothold in the increasingly lucrative "premium" denim market. Â So yes, *some* Wranglers are cool now. Â But you can still expect to see your $18 high rise stonewashed specials at Kmart (or does Kmart just carry Lee?) just as you can pick up Levis for under $30 anywhere. Â Personally, I see nothing (right now, haven't seen them in person) particularly special about the Built by Wendy jeans, but those *are* some sweet jackets - imo a good alternative, and better suited to wearing with jeans, than the not ubiquitous (often pinstriped) longer cut sports jacket that everyone, and I mean everyone (even Paper Denim has a version) is now making. Â Sad. Â I, the less heat sensitive people in LA, and pretty much everyone under 35 has been doing this (casual, tight sportsjacket with a hoodie - mine was first a boxier, very heavily textured Hugo Boss, than a very, very slim Emporio Armani) for about 3-4 years now (I did it three years ago - follower.) Â But now that Justin and Pharrell puts it out on MTV, every teenager with access to an Urban Outfitters will be doing it.
So true. I started wearing hooded stuff under blazers/sport coats/suits when I first saw Dogma, but now I'm really getting sick of the look, and it's a shame because I still think it looks great. The first jacket I used was a very slim black velvet blazer that I got at a thrift store. Can't remember the name of the brand, but it was made in Poland. The best way to individualize the look as I see it is to do what you are doing; use jackets with more unconvential fabrics (cords, denim, or satin if you're a fancy boy...). I also have these painted tipless gloves by Yoko Devereaux that I wear often with long-sleeved jackets that do well to personalize the look. Now that I think about it, I'm really not worried anymore. Perhaps I'll pick up that tan Built by Wendy corduroy blazer.

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
mr LA Guy, any opinion on koneHELSINKI jeans out of finland, if you've heard of them that is ....

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
www.konehelsinki.com the english part of the website never seems to work but if you click on the finnish language part, find konekauppa, which is a webshop (http://193.94.160.8/konekauppa/) and there are some extreme examples of their work to give you some idea of what they produce

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
those are some ZIPPERS.

i might wear them if i were single, going to a club, and wanted everyone to look at my 'package for delivery'.

minus the zipper, i kinda like the third one down: Pitkälahje sininen. it's interesting, anyway.

the finnish language is crazy. it's as if the japanese colonized northern europe a thousand years ago, and then left.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite knitwear under jackets/sport coats

• Crewneck sweater

• Turtleneck sweater

• Long-sleeve polo

• Vest

• I don't like knitwear worn with jackets/sport coats