1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

New ISAIA suit - too short?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by silvercitynyc, Jul 3, 2012.

1. silvercitynyc

silvercitynyc Senior member

Would anyone have any interest in buying this suit? Its in perfect brand new condition - I bought it in June, got it fully tailored (including hand stitched button-holes) and never wore it even one day.

In my preference, it's just too short. Just want to see if worth posting to the Buy-Sell forum?

2. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I came to the same conclusion about my Isaia MTM suits. Although I wore them for a few years, I tossed them last year.

3. newyorknoir

newyorknoir Senior member

That just seems to be the cut of Isaia in general, at least from what I own/have tried on.. backside covers my seat at the right length but button stance in the front is a little too high (for my personal preference).. There is always a gap of shirt/tie showing between the bottom button and the top of my pants, which I don't like.

edit: after a second look, that does look short on you..

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  4. gambit50

gambit50 Senior member

Since your pics are crap, it is 2 button, yeah?
    I think the 3/2 would look better.
    I will reaffirm the consensus. The jacket is not too short but it is on the short end of that. Another .5" I can see.
    I don't like long jackets but good SR style will be longer and proper.

And the button stance does seem a bit high and off for straight 2 button.

JayJay, where is your trash bin? Tossing Isaia suits might be worth someone's time to raid it.

5. GBR

GBR Senior member

Sadly photographs nowhere near good enough to review.

6. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

The jacket doesn't look too short, but the button stance looks high. Those are separate issues. It's not terrible; it's just on the higher side of the acceptable range. Still, if you feel uncomfortable, that's all that matters.

7. Poloboy

Poloboy Well-Known Member

Your suit jacket is way to short.
    It is amazing that you could not figure this out on your own.
    This is the reason why the buttoning point and overall silhouette looks horrible.

8. sns23

sns23 Senior member

Not too short. A slightly shorter jacket looks nicer than all the Steve Harvey suits I see here. In fact, I prefer a shorter jacket and I am 6'3".