• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New iPhone won't ring in theaters, smaller, preloaded with Coldplay

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/...sale-tomorrow/

Tired of black? White iPhones go on sale tomorrow

By: Jeffrey Van Camp "¢
April 27, 2011

Apple has finally finished work on the white iPhone 4. It will go on sale tomorrow all around the world.

We've been talking about it for years and known its coming since October, but today Apple officially confirmed that a white version of the iPhone 4 will be available tomorrow. You may all let out your inner white. And if you're really crazy, don't forget that you can buy a matching white iPad 2 to go with your new phone.

"The white iPhone 4 has finally arrived and it's beautiful," said Philip Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of Worldwide Product Marketing. "We appreciate everyone who has waited patiently while we've worked to get every detail right."

It's unknown how much the new color variation will affect sales in the United States, but it's expected to be a huge seller in China, where white is currently considered the "it" color for trendy electronics.

The device goes on sale in Austria, Australia, Belgium, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Macau, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, UK, and the U.S. beginning April 28, 2011. It will cost the same as a standard iPhone 4 and should be available at most retailers with Apple products.

Are any of you planning to pick up a white iPhone 4, or are you holding out for Apple to reintroduce the bright neon iMac colors that helped it make a comeback in the late 1990s? You may have to wait a while.

East2West

Reaction score
Originally Posted by IrateCustomer
And since the iPhone 5 will be released in a couple of months...this is ridiculous.

Its smart for Apple... more $ in their pocket.

IrateCustomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not really, it cannibalizes on either their white iPhone 4 production, or those waiting for a 5 just buy the iPhone 4 now instead. Either way they are cutting into their own money. I would even argue that producing this now is actually costing them money since those thinking of a 5 will spend less on the white 4...if that's their thing.

Either way, Android kicks Steve Jobs in the sack daily.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IrateCustomer
And since the iPhone 5 will be released in a couple of months...this is ridiculous.

I don't think there will be an iPhone 5 released this summer. Maybe later in the year towards christmas, or they'll save it for next year. It's only been a few months since they've done a CDMA iPhone 4, and now there is a white one.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pvrhye
Preloaded with Coldplay? Who would buy this *************.
God knows any merits it may have are eclipsed by the fact that it comes with music by a band you apparently don't like at no real cost to the consumer.

Kajak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
... Joke went over their heads.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
yup the white iphone is so in demand over there in fashion-forward china.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kajak

Glad someone got it
frown.gif
I thought the headline of the article would make it clear.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kajak

Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
Glad someone got it
frown.gif
I thought the headline of the article would make it clear.

I got it, too. Sometimes subtlety is an unappreciated art on teh internetz.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm not a dyed-blonde college chick and I think it's awesome. I really want to know Tokyo Slim's opinion though.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just ordered one for mother's day
peepwall[1].gif

Wife loves coldplay !
bounce2.gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7
I'm not a dyed-blonde college chick and I think it's awesome. I really want to know Tokyo Slim's opinion though.

I'm waiting for orange.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads