• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

new here, need help with jeans / dressy shoes

ajk5136

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

i'm loving all the ideas on this thread, if someone can help me out with dress jeans and dressy shoes i'd really appreciate it.

So basically I've got a slim body, and i'm looking suggestions for slim dressy jeans, preferably dark in colour and and a pair of dressy shoes which I can wear with jeans. I'm really new here so please forgive my ignorance, I'm wearing a pair of johnson and murphys which are killing me when i walk, for a quick stroll they're fine, but for walking they really kill my ankle and the back of my legs, and i think its because of the heel.

So I guess something dressy / boots (laceups) which goes with jeans? if anyone can throw me some suggestions I would really appreciate it!
Merci!

ajk5136

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ajk5136
Hey everyone,

i'm loving all the ideas on this thread, if someone can help me out with dress jeans and dressy shoes i'd really appreciate it.

So basically I've got a slim body, and i'm looking suggestions for slim dressy jeans, preferably dark in colour and and a pair of dressy shoes which I can wear with jeans. I'm really new here so please forgive my ignorance, I'm wearing a pair of johnson and murphys which are killing me when i walk, for a quick stroll they're fine, but for walking they really kill my ankle and the back of my legs, and i think its because of the heel.

So I guess something dressy / boots (laceups) which goes with jeans? if anyone can throw me some suggestions I would really appreciate it!
Merci!

OH BY THE WAY, I STUPIDLY FORGOT, MY BUDGET FOR THE DRESS SHOES IS AROUND $100 OR SO!

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can get some nice oxfords at off saks or neiman marcus last call for around $150. You have to find something that fits your feet though.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You Might Try Something Like Bass Weejuns. They're Easy Enough To Find And Right Around Your Price Range. I Would Reccomend The Burgandy Or The Suede Ones That Have Popped Up On Their Website.

As For The J&ms, They May Be The Wrong Size Or They May Just Need To Break In.

Btw, All Caps Is Considered Shouting And Is Very Annoying To Read.

edit: damn filter. This post was originally written in all caps.

ajk5136

Reaction score
Hey thanks man, my apologies for the caps, the J&MS i've had for more than a year so they've broken in, they're just killing my feet on walks, thank you for the suggestions though man!

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Contact member voxsartoria, he might have some spare Aleen Edmonds seconds that he'll be willing to sell at a reasonable price.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
By the way, these aren't exactly dressy in a SF type of way, but I love the shoes, especially with jeans. Very comfortable and stylish. I think it's possible to find them cheaper. I bought them for around $40, but I got really lucky. http://www.endless.com/dp/B001KN3NG4...SIN=B001KN3NG4 (the espresso color)

BeaconHillBoston

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cptjeff
You Might Try Something Like Bass Weejuns. They're Easy Enough To Find And Right Around Your Price Range. I Would Reccomend The Burgandy Or The Suede Ones That Have Popped Up On Their Website.

As For The J&ms, They May Be The Wrong Size Or They May Just Need To Break In.

Btw, All Caps Is Considered Shouting And Is Very Annoying To Read.

edit: damn filter. This post was originally written in all caps.

This.

Low budget: Bass weejuns - Levi's 514's

High Budget: 7 for all mankind slim fit or naked and famous slim guy (indigo). Alden chukka boots or Alden slip on loafers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads