• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Harry Potter movie

Hoodyy

Reaction score
Has anyone seen it yet...

I'm meaning to go watch it this week sometime, just wanted to know if it has lived up to the hype or not!

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I saw it the other day. This is the "Empire Strikes Back" of HP movies -- very dark and (no spoilers, b/c the point is obvious) ends on an unresolved down note. You could say the same for the previous movie, too, actually.

Overall, it's a pretty slow and ponderously paced movie for the first half or so. It picks up after that and gets good. But it's far from my favorite HP film. Sort of a snoozefest on aggregate.

Call me crazy, but I much prefer the childlike wonderment and lighter tone of the first four HP movies to the navel-gazing, soulless action scenes, glacial pacing, and darker tone of the last three movies. "Dark" has become way, way overrated and overplayed in Hollywood over the last four or five years.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by furo
I enjoyed it although I didn't think it any better or any worse than the others.

The topless-fantasy-kissing scene was a bit over the top, although I laughed at how she seemed to be attacking him as they kissed

Yeah, that scene was sort of a lolwut moment for a kids' film.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Just OK. With corrections from 2 daughters who've read the books 5 time each.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I thought it was really good. It was quite a bit darker than I expected. Of course, I haven't read any of the books. I'm looking forward to part 2.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
Of course, I haven't read any of the books.

****. I was under the impression you were the second biggest HP geek after me.
laugh.gif

dave333

Reaction score
I have yet to see it as well.

The third has always been my favorite. Maybe cause that's when Emma Watson got hawt.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dave333

The third has always been my favorite. Maybe cause that's when Emma Watson got hawt.

Wrong.

She was hawt in all of them.

Pedobear 4 lyfe

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It's pretty amazing how well she turned out. They never could have known when they chose her. She wasn't really anything special to look at when she was first cast and she coulda easily turned into a chubby chick with skin problems. Thankfully, she just got cuter and cuter and now she's a legit hottie pulling down something like 30 mil a year for cosmetics/fashion ads.

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I liked it the best of all the movies. Other people might say the beginning is slow, but I thought it finally let the characters develop a bit and the feeling of being on the run - versus the other movies which always felt like a race to get through the plot in the allotted time.

I came back and said it was the Empire Strikes Back of the series too.

dave333

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard
Wrong.

She was hawt in all of them.

Pedobear 4 lyfe

Well I mean that's when she FIRST became hot. That's always gonna have a spot in my heart
laugh.gif

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
It's pretty amazing how well she turned out. They never could have known when they chose her. She wasn't really anything special to look at when she was first cast and she coulda easily turned into a chubby chick with skin problems. Thankfully, she just got cuter and cuter and now she's a legit hottie pulling down something like 30 mil a year for cosmetics/fashion ads.

And the other 2...not so well...

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Well I mean that's when she FIRST became hot. That's always gonna have a spot in my heart
laugh.gif

You misunderstand me. I said she was hot in all of them, as in, she was hot even as an 11-year-old in the very first movie.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads