• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NEW Handmade Goodyear Welted Leather Oxford Captoe Shoes

Status
Not open for further replies.

vimkgt

Reaction score
For Sale: Handmade Goodyear welted shoes, these are hand made to order by a mom-pop shop I know well in Beijing, China.

Details: I have a really good source for hand-made Goodyear welted shoes here in China. I wore a few of them myself and the quality is really really good for the price, I'd say it's similar with what you expect from typical American lower-end handmade brands like Allan Edmonds. Goodyear welted, cork bedding, channeled soles, everything you expect!

But these are ridiculously cheaper. I thought you guys on Styleforvm might be interested in trying out a few pairs. They're made by a local mom and pop shop in Beijing that I'm really good friends with, who I only discovered after learning about all the benefits of Goodyear shoes from you guys on the SF.

Size: Any standard sizing is fine. I can get them made narrow or wide as needed, and best if you can give foot measurements. About 7-10 days time needed to make the shoe.

Style: Captoe Oxford shown in the pics - Brown with Antiquing, and Black punch-cap. But basically we can do any styles and colors as well.

Update - Just uploaded a few more styles. $129 + shipping as posted for brown/black captoe oxfords. The other styles could be slightly more depending on style and cut ($139 + shipping wingtips & wholecuts). Just shoot me a PM for details!

Materials: Full grain cowhide leather (locally sourced), and leather dye hand applied. Quality is pretty good considering the price. Cordovan leathers are also a possibility (from Japanese tanneries, not Horween unfortunately). If you're interested, we can get some really nice Cordovan Longwing Bluchers for around $250.

Shipping: I'm in Beijing, China. Will ship anywhere worldwide, shipping will be $32 with Registered Airmail... it takes anywhere from 10-20 days to arrive. I know it's high but it's International, and this actually below our cost, we don't make a penny on shipping.

I can upgrade to Express mail as well for 3-5 day shipping, but it's closer to $50-60 depending on weight.

Guys, I know already what you are thinking and how wary you are of goods coming from China, but I'll vouch for these. Plus I'm an American guy living in Beijing right now and have over 4000 seller feedback on my eBay account and use verified business PayPal account, so you get all the buyer protection you need :)

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 85
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 83
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 173
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 92
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 73
  • 0.JPG
    0.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 69
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 78
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 66
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 66
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 54
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 47
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 53
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 53
  • 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

ferguscan

Reaction score
Does the $129 include standard shipping? I assume not, but thought I'd ask.

vimkgt

Reaction score
Hi there, no the pricing doesn't include shipping. $32 for Registered Airmail - approx 2-3 weeks, and $50-60 for Express mail approx 1 week (depends on the size of the shoe, heavier shoes cost a bit more to ship Express)

Last edited:

vimkgt

Reaction score
Already had a couple of people asking about what kind of Cordovan shell we can get. Here are the colors that I currently can get.

Pricing on these really depends on the style... as a benchmark it starts at $250 for shoes and $300 for boots before shipping.

Black:

Brown 1:

Brown 2:

Brown 3:

vimkgt

Reaction score
Here's a shot of my own pair I got from them, about 8 months ago. Made extra wide for my wide feet.

ferguscan

Reaction score
Would they do lasted trees? SFers (including myself) go nuts for lasted trees. Especially the 3-piece variety.

vimkgt

Reaction score
Would they do lasted trees? SFers (including myself) go nuts for lasted trees. Especially the 3-piece variety.

I think they could probably do it since they've been willing to cut lasts for a fee when they don't have one in the right size, but as heavy as shoe trees are, it probably isn't worth it having them shipped from China.

Shoe trees typically end up about 2kg or more, and we pay around $2.50 per 100 grams for airmail shipping, so adding $50 for shipping just for shoe trees wouldn't be a good value proposition anymore.

vimkgt

Reaction score
Hey guys, finally got the Shell Cordovan shoes that I ordered. Quite nice... can check below for pics. These are longwings in a dark burgundy color, and I took some pics with and without flash to catch all the details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads