• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Hair Style?

Kodiak

Reaction score
I've let my hair do its own thing since May and its starting to get really sloppy looking. I'm looking for some ideas what to do with it. Here it is how you'd see it on any given day:
3.jpg
4.jpg
Here it is combed really straight (I never do this) so you can see how long it is:
1.jpg
2.jpg
I looked through some hairstyle sites and the best I came up with was this, but I'm not sure if it'd work on me.
10803.jpg
What do you guys think? Have any recommendations?

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It would work on you if that's all you wanted, but look around, everyone has that hair.

If you got your hair thinned out on the top, put a little bit of texture in it with some good product, and stood up straight, I think that little bit would go a long way to making you look more mature.

Kodiak

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reggs
It would work on you if that's all you wanted, but look around, everyone has that hair.

If you got your hair thinned out on the top, put a little bit of texture in it with some good product, and stood up straight, I think that little bit would go a long way to making you look more mature.

Well, I am looking for something more fashion-forward, but easy to maintain, I don't think spiked hair looks good though.

Kodiak

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnny Amiga
hedi_slimane.jpg

I don't think I could respectfully pull off Hedi's hair, lol. Maybe something w/ more length?

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Hedi's hair looks horrible, do you really want to wear Diors AND try and have that haircut? IMO anything with bangs that can cover your big mole will look good.

lpresq

Reaction score
You don't need to do much.....get some Aveda Grooming Clay and work it in with your fingers. You should be able to get the style, noted above.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just try something new everyday. Buy a bunch of different products at once, and keep experimenting. Make a checklist to get Gel/pomade/putty/paste/wax. It's fortunate that you have enough hair to work with. Don't limit yourself by getting a short haircut just yet.

You're right, your hair does look sloppy, like a lego man, but don't confuse that with too long. Just get it trimmed up around the ears and back, but leave the overall length. Your hair also looks dry and thin. Get a thickening shampoo, and wash your hair infrequently so it's easier to style. A little oil and product buildup is a good thing.

A quick suggestion off the top of my head.

brad_pitt_shirtless_1_.jpg

Kodiak

Reaction score
Just try something new everyday. Buy a bunch of different products at once, and keep experimenting. Make a checklist to get Gel/pomade/putty/paste/wax. It's fortunate that you have enough hair to work with. Don't limit yourself by getting a short haircut just yet. You're right, your hair does look sloppy, like a lego man, but don't confuse that with too long. Just get it trimmed up around the ears and back, but leave the overall length. Your hair also looks dry and thin. Get a thickening shampoo, and wash your hair infrequently so it's easier to style. A little oil and product buildup is a good thing. A quick suggestion off the top of my head.
Previous haircutters have told me my hair is the thickest they've seen on a guy. I don't think it's necessarily dry, but I'm not sure. I'll think about checking out some product, but I was hoping for something that didn't require any product.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kodiak

I'll think about checking out some product, but I was hoping for something that didn't require any product.

Don't count on it. Your hair will look nearly the same every single day without. If you are concerned about time spent making yourself presentable in the morning, don't be. After you get a few styles down it will take you no time recreate it in the morning, even before coffee.

ChicagoJohn

Reaction score
Just try something new everyday. Buy a bunch of different products at once, and keep experimenting. Make a checklist to get Gel/pomade/putty/paste/wax. It's fortunate that you have enough hair to work with. Don't limit yourself by getting a short haircut just yet. You're right, your hair does look sloppy, like a lego man, but don't confuse that with too long. Just get it trimmed up around the ears and back, but leave the overall length. Your hair also looks dry and thin. Get a thickening shampoo, and wash your hair infrequently so it's easier to style. A little oil and product buildup is a good thing. A quick suggestion off the top of my head.
brad_pitt_shirtless_1_.jpg

I've found that men with longer hair only look good in photos or video. Like all these models or actors you see. In person, that look always appears unkept and slobbish. It doesn't translate to real life.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You really consider this hair long?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads