1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

New guy with new ideas

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by AldridgePrior, Jun 3, 2016.

1. AldridgePrior

AldridgePrior Member

Probably just another new guy thread but I feel I have to post as I have turned in a completely new direction thanks to this forum.

I`m a man in my 40s that has led a good albeit relatively normal life. The thing is, I have always dressed more or less like your average boring individual, verging on a `poor mans` appearance. Some days I looked positively rough and when I think about it now I look back with mixed emotions. Almost like leaving my old self behind.

Normally I would have drove into town, parking my car and going about my general duties/business wearing really cheap jeans, budget walking boots and whatever sweater I had either inherited or what was bought for me by family or whatever I had picked up years ago in a clearance sale.

Today I walked into town, sun shining, wearing my first purchases that I more or less learned from here that arrived yesterday. I had on a Hackett of London shirt, Hackett jeans, my first ever calf leather belt and my first ever pair of good shoes on the form of Crockett and Jones. I also had on my recently bought Zenith El Primero watch. I felt great. I live in a small town and I genuinely noticed people treating me differently and taking an interest in what I was up to today. Three people even mentioned my appearance.

I have blown a fortune on cars over the years and no-one has ever said a word hardly. I hope I haven't bored anyone I just feel really good for a change. I'm going to a wedding in a fortnight and I have been reading tons on here so thanks in advance for the pointers as there are some really knowledgeable posters.

Brian

3 people like this.
  2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Welcome, and have a great stay.

1 person likes this.
  3. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

Glad you're feeling good about it. Clothes are just clothes, but wearing quality clothing is still nice.

1 person likes this.