1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

New Grensons Delivery Times

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by Kaga, Nov 29, 2004.

1. fkl118

fkl118 Senior member

I see that the shoes are up on ebay now. Just make sure people don't think they're bidding on the entire lot of 30 shoes.

2. djkovner

djkovner Well-Known Member

No, I think Chris did mean to auction the entire lot (at least that's how it reads currently).  Each pair =$4.17 at the opening bid.  Wow.  So Chris does this imply that even at the current $150 price you guys are making $100+ profit?  I should go into the shoe business.

If this is incorrect, Chris, you need to fix Quantity=1 lot, not sold individually.

3. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I'm fairly certain he is trying to sell them one at a time, read the details more closely.

4. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

I think he definitely means to sell them individually and not as a lot.

5. fkl118

fkl118 Senior member

Exactly, but those who just come across the listing would probably think that it is for the whole lot. The quantity does say 30 shoes and there are pictures of lots of shoes. Here's the listing for those who are wondering: Grensons

6. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Also, he should be careful that they don't get him in trouble for listing an advertisement disguised as an auction.

7. mano

mano Senior member

eBay permits people to end their auction at any time for any reason. Chris may want to take that option and then auction each pair, one at a time. The way it appears he wants to sell the shoes now, giving the high bidder a choice of any one of 30 pair of shoes, is confusing and will still only allow him to sell one pair at a time. Dutch auctions, where more than one item is available to many buyers, most always contain multiples of the same item.

I think Chris, being new to eBay, is unintentionally confusing matters.

8. Horace

Horace Senior member

Yeah, it seems the Grensons I've tried are fairly narrow too. I wear a D width and the D widths I tried at Bennies were too narrow in the vamp/toe. Slightly loose (but tolerable) in the heel.

I suppose it's the luck of the draw.