• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Grensons Delivery Times

nightowl6261a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
need some help with those pics, hmmmmm...wonder where those fine looking shoes came from...very nice looking, never got to see them.

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All:
Has anyone received their order for the drop-shipped Grenson shoes which were part of the newest wave of them at Bennies?  These were shoes which were to be sent directly from the dealer to us buyers without going to Bennies.  My alter ego ordered a pair for US delivery about 10-14 days ago  and has not received them.  We're not worried but I wanted to see if anyone knew how long delivery times could be, or if there might be an addressing issue.
How can I order those drop-shipped Grenson shoes? How much are they? Are they all Masterpieces? Thanks.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just received my latest order which was drop-shipped as I understand it. A nice wholecut oxford in black which should serve nicely in those rare situations where a black shoe is required.

One question for Chris -- I thought all the Masterpieces had channeled soles with no visible stitching. Am I mistaken as this last pair of shoes has stitching visible around the edge of the sole? Or might these be from another Grenson line? I would add, beautiful shoes in either case and I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of my next pair.

dan

nightowl6261a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
honestly, i am relying on the shipper in these cases for information on the line of shoes from grenson that is going out, you are correct however, the masterpieces are channel stitched.

nightowl6261a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(Kaga @ 29 Nov. 2004, 08:41) All: Has anyone received their order for the drop-shipped Grenson shoes which were part of the newest wave of them at Bennies?  These were shoes which were to be sent directly from the dealer to us buyers without going to Bennies.  My alter ego ordered a pair for US delivery about 10-14 days ago  and has not received them.  We're not worried but I wanted to see if anyone knew how long delivery times could be, or if there might be an addressing issue.
How can I order those drop-shipped Grenson shoes? Â How much are they? Â Are they all Masterpieces? Â Thanks.
just call me and have a foot smaller than an 8. or order from the site in the styles still available.

fkl118

Reaction score
I see that the shoes are up on ebay now. Just make sure people don't think they're bidding on the entire lot of 30 shoes.

djkovner

Reaction score
No, I think Chris did mean to auction the entire lot (at least that's how it reads currently).  Each pair =$4.17 at the opening bid.  Wow.  So Chris does this imply that even at the current $150 price you guys are making $100+ profit?  I should go into the shoe business.

If this is incorrect, Chris, you need to fix Quantity=1 lot, not sold individually.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm fairly certain he is trying to sell them one at a time, read the details more closely.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think he definitely means to sell them individually and not as a lot.

fkl118

Reaction score
Exactly, but those who just come across the listing would probably think that it is for the whole lot. The quantity does say 30 shoes and there are pictures of lots of shoes. Here's the listing for those who are wondering: Grensons

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, he should be careful that they don't get him in trouble for listing an advertisement disguised as an auction.

mano

Reaction score
eBay permits people to end their auction at any time for any reason. Chris may want to take that option and then auction each pair, one at a time. The way it appears he wants to sell the shoes now, giving the high bidder a choice of any one of 30 pair of shoes, is confusing and will still only allow him to sell one pair at a time. Dutch auctions, where more than one item is available to many buyers, most always contain multiples of the same item.

I think Chris, being new to eBay, is unintentionally confusing matters.

Horace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anybody in need of tan monks in 7.5E (they are pretty narrow really - just a little long for me).  
Yeah, it seems the Grensons I've tried are fairly narrow too. I wear a D width and the D widths I tried at Bennies were too narrow in the vamp/toe. Slightly loose (but tolerable) in the heel.

I suppose it's the luck of the draw.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads