1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

New gap denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by blackdarkeye, Jan 22, 2009.

1. danracer

danracer Well-Known Member

^^ yeahh they are really tough faders mine are bout 10-11 months old and the fades are hardly noticeable in some lightings but they have faded some lol

2. danracer

here are some pics of the jeans: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. madstaxbro

madstaxbro Well-Known Member

here are some pics of the jeans:

[​IMG]

Awesome fit man. Great progress too [​IMG]

4. johnH123

johnH123 Well-Known Member

^^^ Fit looks really good, but I'm not entirely sold on the fading though. Have you washed them yet?

5. mikeman

mikeman Well-Known Member

Took advantage of the deal going on right now. Buy one pair, get one for $20. Got a pair of the selvage straights and a pair of the skinny.Both fit well, especially for $100 for both pairs.

6. poly800rock

poly800rock Well-Known Member

those skinny fit deconstructed wash is the best wash i've seen in a really long time. good for them

7. amd123

amd123 Well-Known Member

Took advantage of the deal going on right now. Buy one pair, get one for $20. Got a pair of the selvage straights and a pair of the skinny.Both fit well, especially for $100 for both pairs.

I wish I could, but the damn gap fuckers don't have the selvedge jeans within a 50+ mile radius of my house. [​IMG]

So I had to settle for two non selvedge pairs of 1969 jeans (dark indigo, black coated)

i hope to god they will fade like the above pics of the selvedge jeans [​IMG]

8. danracer

Awesome fit man. Great progress too [​IMG]

^^^ Fit looks really good, but I'm not entirely sold on the fading though. Have you washed them yet?

thnx, it has been washed bout 3 times since month 7

9. Eli

Eli Member

I'm a 30x30 usually in Gap skinny jeans. Got the Selvage ones and they were super tight on the thighs and a bit on the crotch area and even a little bit behind the knees!

Any recommendations? Should I go with a bigger size skinny or go Authentic or else?

They are not available in store so I have to order them and it's a long process!

10. danracer

they will stretch so i think you'll be fine with them

11. pongityping

pongityping Member

Not really relevant to the current discussion, but I saw some black overdyed jeans there today. Only in bootcut non selvage though. But the selvage ones don't fade anyway. Pretty interesting though. Maybe they'll make more black coated jeans in the future Link to online http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do...d=1&pid=772201

12. El Argentino

El Argentino Well-Known Member

^^^ They have a ton of their "straight" cut in my local GAP too in that coated wash. Not too shabby looking, and since the advent of the premium denim, the cuts have really gotten more decent.

13. srgprod

srgprod Well-Known Member

Pulled out my Gap Morrison's today.

I forgot about these. They're really great especially for what I paid for them. Raw ridgid, great slim fit with amazing details designed by Scott Morrison. Anyone got these and/or is still wearing them?

So much better than the new Gap jeans. Sold for $ 19 on sale at the time.

14. Eli

Eli Member

I'm a 30x30 usually in Gap skinny jeans. Got the Selvage ones and they were super tight on the thighs and a bit on the crotch area and even a little bit behind the knees!

Any recommendations? Should I go with a bigger size skinny or go Authentic or else?

They are not available in store so I have to order them and it's a long process!

nobody here has any recommendations?

15. joei

joei Well-Known Member

Size up, find a tailor and get the waist tapered. Mathematics [​IMG]

16. El Argentino

El Argentino Well-Known Member

The "Straight" is a good middle ground between the skinny and the Authentic. Just be sure to size down by 1-inch in the waist as they run a bit large. The legs are slimmer than the Authentic, and it'll fit "skinnier".

I have both fits and prefer the Straight 9 times out of 10.

17. LooseChange

LooseChange Well-Known Member

Pulled out my Gap Morrison's today. I forgot about these. They're really great especially for what I paid for them. Raw ridgid, great slim fit with amazing details designed by Scott Morrison. Anyone got these and/or is still wearing them? So much better than the new Gap jeans. Sold for $ 19 on sale at the time.
    +1 The Morrisons were def good jeans, my go-to jeans for a good two years. I think you can still find a pair on eBay for dirt cheap right now, and supposedly still unworn. Fades pretty well actually for $20 jeans. Here they are on the right: [​IMG]

18. Eli

Eli Member

The "Straight" is a good middle ground between the skinny and the Authentic. Just be sure to size down by 1-inch in the waist as they run a bit large. The legs are slimmer than the Authentic, and it'll fit "skinnier".

I have both fits and prefer the Straight 9 times out of 10.

So if I'm a 30x30 in skinny Gap jeans (usually.. .clearly not for the selvage) I should get Straight Selvage in 29x30 .... or 30x30 since the skinnys are very tight?

thanks

19. madstaxbro

madstaxbro Well-Known Member

+1 The Morrisons were def good jeans, my go-to jeans for a good two years. I think you can still find a pair on eBay for dirt cheap right now, and supposedly still unworn. Fades pretty well actually for $20 jeans. Here they are on the right:

[​IMG]

Beautiful. How many washes?

20. LooseChange

LooseChange Well-Known Member

If I'm remembering correctly, just two. One cold soak with the for-dark detergent, and then one regular run through the washing machine. There might have been one more soak in there somewhere, but I'm not totally sure.