New gap denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by blackdarkeye, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Francis91

Francis91 Senior member

^^ It is? Does this mean 25% off everything?

It's 30% off anything if you have the friends and family coupon.

2. bossman08

bossman08 Senior member

where do i get a coupon?

3. a-rock

a-rock Senior member

There's individual barcodes on the emails. For online purchases, the codes are good for one-time use. The one I have I've already used online unfortunately. However they are good for unlimited uses in-store through Sunday.

Let me know if this link works. If not, PM with an email and I can fwd you one.

F&F coupon

4. bossman08

bossman08 Senior member

thanks a lot! so i can't use the one you've posted for an online purchase since you already used it once?

5. a-rock

a-rock Senior member

Google around and you'll find a bunch of codes. Hopefully you come across one that hasn't been used. Otherwise, yes you have to go in-store. The one I have I already used online.

6. bossman08

bossman08 Senior member

you think they'll give me the discount if I call in a phone order? Im trying to get my hand on a pair of the selvedge jeans, which are not sold at the stores in my area

7. ispace

ispace Senior member

I can't remember seeing mention in this thread, but today at the Powell Street (SF) store I saw selvedge jeans in four new colours: mid-grey, beige (more a sand color, darker than the 501 STFs), black and a weird brown color, all with white selvedge on the outseam and the coin pocket. $88 RRP. Only in the authentic fit unfortunately and only in 30" inseam if your waist is under 30". Still, not bad for the price. Kudos to GAP for introducing respectable clothes to the masses.

B.

8. a-rock

a-rock Senior member

Isn't that the flagship store on the corner of Market? Sweet I'll be in Union Sq later this week. I was trying to snag a pair of authentic fit black jeans last week but they sold out online. It was from the limited edition section, also $88, but not selvage. Thanks for mentioning it.

9. ispace

ispace Senior member

Yes the one on Powell & Market. I also forgot to mention they had a denim workshirt with red/pink selvedge, reduced from $59 to $39! Hadn't seen any mention of this here or on their website. Only had two mediums left, one after I left the store last night....

B.

10. a-rock

a-rock Senior member

New order arrived today. Got a pair of authentic fit selvage "dark rinse" and authentic non-selvage "resin rinse". I think a poster earlier in the thread mentioned this but the most recent selvage is clearly not raw or even rigid. The only difference between the two is the red line on the outseam. The wash and softness of fabric are basically identical. So basically its a $40 difference for the redline. Retailers must be loving the selvage trend. The rigid stuff from the Spring was much better so I'm glad I got a pair of those when I had the chance.

It's annoying that the selvage comes with the hem flipped up and ironed flat. When I ordered the raw, it didn't come with the hem flipped. Wasn't planning on showing off the outseam and one of the reasons I like purchasing online to begin with is merchandise arrives nice and crisp, without sleeves wrinkled from being rolled up or collars all mangled on overstuffed racks.

/rant

11. cancel.sing

cancel.sing Senior member

only in 30" inseam if your waist is under 30".
    This is true of all Gap denim. Also, black tag denim does not come in 33, 35 or 38 waist sizes.

12. sazon

sazon Senior member

New order arrived today. Got a pair of authentic fit selvage "dark rinse" and authentic non-selvage "resin rinse". I think a poster earlier in the thread mentioned this but the most recent selvage is clearly not raw or even rigid. The only difference between the two is the red line on the outseam. The wash and softness of fabric are basically identical. So basically its a $40 difference for the redline. Retailers must be loving the selvage trend. The rigid stuff from the Spring was much better so I'm glad I got a pair of those when I had the chance.

It's annoying that the selvage comes with the hem flipped up and ironed flat. When I ordered the raw, it didn't come with the hem flipped. Wasn't planning on showing off the outseam and one of the reasons I like purchasing online to begin with is merchandise arrives nice and crisp, without sleeves wrinkled from being rolled up or collars all mangled on overstuffed racks.

/rant

There is raw/rigid selvage in store in many fits. I have it in both Authentic and Straight fits. If that's what u really want, call the store on 34th and Bway in NYC or the new 1969 Jeans Concept store in SOHO in NYC @ Bway and Spring. I've seen the raw/rigid also in Skinny, Loose and Standard.

13. a-rock

a-rock Senior member

Someone wanted to see pics of the difference between the dark rinse selvage and regular resin rinse. Here they are... [​IMG] The top layer is the dark rinse selvage. The layer underneath is the resin rinse. [​IMG] The only differences I can tell are the selvage red line on the outseam and coin pocket. On the selvage, two of the belt loops are also tilted. You can see that in the first pic - the belt loop on the left above the coin pocket. Selvage pair has button fly and regular line has zipper.

14. mercer

mercer Member

The selvage pair should have hidden back pocket rivets also.

15. wrenhunter

wrenhunter Senior member

This is true of all Gap denim.
    It sure isn't. I'm wearing 32x30's (standard fit, medium wash) that I bought last week.

I think a poster earlier in the thread mentioned this but the most recent selvage is clearly not raw or even rigid. The only difference between the two is the red line on the outseam. The wash and softness of fabric are basically identical. So basically its a $40 difference for the redline.

I have to disagree with you. I just got the authentic selvage via online order, and also tried the resin rinse in-store. They are similar, but not identical. The selvage looks and feels different to me, worth a few extra bucks, imo.