1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

New gap denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by blackdarkeye, Jan 22, 2009.

1. GY!BE

GY!BE Senior member

So online I wonder what the difference between the "Straight" (dark wash) and "standard" (rigid) is?

Im guessing straight dark wash has been rinsed once?

2. blackdarkeye

blackdarkeye Senior member

So online I wonder what the difference between the "Straight" (dark wash) and "standard" (rigid) is?

Im guessing straight dark wash has been rinsed once?

the dark wash is not raw nor selvage, it is just a dark jean. Atleast i am pretty sure.

3. GY!BE

GY!BE Senior member

the dark wash is not raw nor selvage, it is just a dark jean. Atleast i am pretty sure.

naw man its for sure selvage and raw

4. blackdarkeye

[​IMG]

heres the skinny on me, the skinny was on sale for $38, and they had 2 pairs selvage straights for $7!! ( too bad they were not my size they were 28/30 and 30/30) the other selvage straights were $30.

5. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

^^
    Good fit (I think - pic is terrible).

I can't understand how these are hella cheap in stores and still full price online.

6. blackdarkeye

^^ Good fit (I think - pic is terrible). I can't understand how these are hella cheap in stores and still full price online.
    its a cell phone pic what better do you expect [​IMG] i must say there quality of there jeans was amazing for the price they had selvage coin pocket, hidden rivets, i have to say i like this jeans more than apcs

7. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

I don't know if I'd go that far - the back pocket rivets are a nice touch, though.

But yeah, these are an amazing buy for what you paid. I got a pair for $60, and I may end up returning them but I think they're a decent buy at that price too. I think I'll hold them for most of the 90 day period Gap gives you and see if the online price goes below what I paid.

8. IGF-1

IGF-1 Senior member

are those skinnys true to size? i'm sitting on a gift card and i'm considering sizing down 1 based on my experience w/ gap denim

9. blackdarkeye

are those skinnys true to size? i'm sitting on a gift card and i'm considering sizing down 1 based on my experience w/ gap denim

the ones i posted were sized down one

10. otc

otc Senior member

Tried on the standard (in size I normally wear at gap) and liked them a lot...don't know if they shrink though.

Tried on the white ones (forget what they call the fit they come in) and it was too tight for my legs...

Hopefully the price will drop on the standards...they felt good but lighter weight than my RRLs so they would be nice when the weather gets warmer.

11. onlyonetime

onlyonetime Active Member

i def want to pick up the white pair....i just wish gap.com had like a store availability locater so i can know which gaps around me have them in stock. [​IMG] i guess i could call around. plus being a gap, inc. employee will def. help on the price!

12. mulansauce

mulansauce Senior member

Buy washed denim and you won't have that problem.

13. afici0nad0

afici0nad0 Member

nice. i'll have to take a look at my local gap.

14. otc

otc Senior member

i def want to pick up the white pair....i just wish gap.com had like a store availability locater so i can know which gaps around me have them in stock. [​IMG] i guess i could call around. plus being a gap, inc. employee will def. help on the price!

You are a gap employee and you can't find a pair of pants in a gap store?

thats some fucked up inventory system

15. onion

onion Senior member

You are a gap employee and you can't find a pair of pants in a gap store?

thats some fucked up inventory system

He might work for BR or Old Navy. They all get the same discount.

16. sazon

sazon Senior member

1-800-GAP STYLE will locate the jeans in a store near you. They are pretty reliable.

17. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

The gap by my house has them on sale for like 39. I looked at the inside seams and I dind't remember them as being selvedge, but I went to the website and checked them out and they did saw Japanese denim inside the waistband. I regret not trying them on in the skinny fit which probably aren't even that skinny knowing how gap is.

18. Notreknip

Notreknip Senior member

I dropped by GAP on vacation (as my local GAP doesn't stock these) and picked up a pair of the "low rise straight fit", white Japanese denim, red selvedge for just under $100. I always have worn 32s in GAP, but tried on a 31 and was amazed by the fit and the jean as a whole. I already have a pair of Nudie Slim Jims in white, but I couldn't walk out of the store without these GAP jeans.

The fit sized down 1 is very similar to a true-to-size Slim Jim. The GAP jeans were quite tight at the waist for the first day, but have loosened up considerably.

So the good news is, they are very nice jeans. The bad news is, I now have two pairs of jeans that are almost identical. Ideally I'd sell a pair; truthfully, I think the GAP pair is an overall nicer jean - the stitching, and the detailing is really quite nice.

FYI, this location in Toronto had a bunch of washes (including grey, white, raw, etc.) in the low-rise straight fit but only one wash in the "skinny" fit - which appeared to be raw. I didn't try on the skinny fit, but it definitely didn't look much different from the aforementioned cut.

19. awxg

awxg Senior member

FYI, this location in Toronto had a bunch of washes (including grey, white, raw, etc.) in the low-rise straight fit but only one wash in the "skinny" fit - which appeared to be raw. I didn't try on the skinny fit, but it definitely didn't look much different from the aforementioned cut.

Where specifically in Toronto? I'd like to check out the whites.

20. Notreknip

Notreknip Senior member

I bought mine from Scarborough Town Centre, but saw them at Young-Dundas as well.