New gap denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by blackdarkeye, Jan 22, 2009.

1. flytothesky

flytothesky Well-Known Member

Hey what's up guys i was wondering if anyone can help me find a pair of gap denim!

I was looking all over the city for them but they seem to be sold out since they are the older Selvedge model.

I was looking for the Gap LOW RISE STRAIGHT FIT Japanese Denim with the 1969 leather patch with round pockets in size 31x30 or 31x32 or 31x34 as long as it has a 31 waist.

If anyone has an extra pair or a pair they do not want i will be willing to buy them off you. If you can help a style forum member it will be greatly appreciative. Maybe next time you go to the Gap you can help me find a pair! I went to 4 Gaps and they were all sold out!

2. mr. burns

mr. burns Senior member

really liking the fit of my regular authentics after the slight taper. i've noticed these ones are showing wear, like wallet marks showing on the back pocket, a lot faster than my bucklebacks did. they had more warnings about dye bleeding on them too, so maybe they're made to fade more. i'll take fit pics later, maybe.

3. Fat-Elvis

Fat-Elvis Senior member

Been wearing my 32x30 rigid Authentics around a lot lately. They're nice and comfy and I like the fit, and they look pretty nice, but the fact that Gap lied about the length really bugs me (I'm not interested in walking around with my jeans cuffed up, thank you very much), and I'm starting to think about getting the legs tapered a bit towards the bottom (will just make sure to let the tailor know not to cut out the selvedge, lol). More concerned about the length though.....I'll probably just get them shortened 3cm or so. Otherwise I'm happy with the jeans, and they're my first raw pair. I'll probably post pics some time soon with occasional updates.

4. nonissue

nonissue Senior member

Been wearing my 32x30 rigid Authentics around a lot lately. They're nice and comfy and I like the fit, and they look pretty nice, but the fact that Gap lied about the length really bugs me (I'm not interested in walking around with my jeans cuffed up, thank you very much), and I'm starting to think about getting the legs tapered a bit towards the bottom (will just make sure to let the tailor know not to cut out the selvedge, lol). More concerned about the length though.....I'll probably just get them shortened 3cm or so. Otherwise I'm happy with the jeans, and they're my first raw pair. I'll probably post pics some time soon with occasional updates.

Yah, I'm 6'2 and tried on a pair of 32x32's today, and they were long enough, I was perplexed.

5. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Senior member

25% gap, and other stores [​IMG]

6. heybigmoney

heybigmoney Member

Picked up a pair of the skinny selvedge. Went TTS, and am very pleased with the fit. Reminds me alot of my new standards before they stretched out to oblivion.

7. Riio

Riio Senior member

So the 29 straight fits me perfectly, but I know these tend to stretch. If I size down, won't they get crazy tight after I wash them for the first time?

8. leegrego

leegrego New Member

any skinny fits anywhere in toronto area? can t seem to find them anywhere?

9. mercer

mercer Member

Skinny Rigid Indigo is all sold out in Toronto, as far as I know...a few sizes of the coloured skinnys were available at bay/bloor and eaton's centre last week, especially burgandy.

10. tehdvd

tehdvd Well-Known Member

last week bought the new 1969 raw skinnys...

[​IMG]

May i ask what size you normally wear? I'm tempted to buy size 30 when i normally wear a 32 just because they measure it with the cuff.

11. danracer

danracer Senior member

May i ask what size you normally wear? I'm tempted to buy size 30 when i normally wear a 32 just because they measure it with the cuff.
    i ussually wear sz 28 but i would of sized down 1 or 2 if i could, after a cple of weeks they stretch a bit i'll try to post a fit pic later on after a cple of weeks of use. and if u meant on the inseam on the sz 30 they run a bit short compared to my levis 511

12. danracer

danracer Senior member

here are the pics... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. ayemattyyy

ayemattyyy Active Member

These jeans definitely do need a taper. 1 hot soak and they shrunk up a bit in a few places. I will sadly be NEEDING a belt with these. Hopefully get some fit pics up after alterations.
    Matt

14. Andrew.Wall62

Andrew.Wall62 Member

I picked up a pair of skinny 1969's about 2 months ago. They fit well, look good, and seem to be pretty well made. Would definitely recommend them simply because of the price tag. Great deal.

15. mr. burns

mr. burns Senior member

these are the authentics... and the gap chambray.
    [​IMG]