• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New gap denim

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you specify that you wanted to keep that line? My mom is one of those "Asian lady tailors" and it's really tough to know what to do when the customer doesn't tell you specifically that you wanted to keep this seemingly useless selvage line.

Personally I don't care about selvage lines, but I do look for it in denim because it generally (note: generally) means that there was more thought put into construction.

mr. burns

Reaction score
yea at first she didn't cut the denim, just widened the selvage line basically. i saw it and told her to bring back the selvage and to how it was further up the leg but she thought i meant to but it :/

i definitely know to tell them to do the inseam next time lol.

danracer

Reaction score
last week bought the new 1969 raw skinnys...
CIMG0865-1.jpg
CIMG0868.jpg
Picture202.jpg
Picture201.jpg
Picture198.jpg
Picture199.jpg
Picture200.jpg

Batistuta

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hnlax
^looks like a good fit

+1

Any sightings of the skinny fit in the Vancouver area? None at Robson on the weekend.

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by heybigmoney
Thats the skinny fit? Looks like a good slim straight cut to me.
It is. Gap doesn't make anything SF would consider truly "skinny."

SimonM

Reaction score
It's not going to cause any accidental castration or anything, but that's a good fit.

splattered

Reaction score
Wow that is really loose in the thighs, is it gonna tighten up at all?

danracer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by heybigmoney
Thats the skinny fit? Looks like a good slim straight cut to me.
yup "skinny" fit, but yeah more like a really slim straight cut, they are barely tapered compared to 511s

Originally Posted by connor
wouldve gone down another
would of tryed a sz 27 but i dont think gap has any size below 28, and it would of been really uncomfortable on the crotch area due to the low rise, it where these sz 28's and i could barely sit.

Originally Posted by splattered
Wow that is really loose in the thighs, is it gonna tighten up at all?
well this might be due to the fact that i dont have any meat on my legs haha i have really skinny legs.

i'll try to post some measurements later, these are probably vanity sized, they feel like a sz 30 on the waist, but im happy with them, after a couple of day of used they have gotten a lot more comfortable.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hnlax
^looks like a good fit
Looks great on you. But I think they are no longer available on the website. In case anyone is interested in proxying and sending them to India please Pm me.

Stavros

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sylvr
what does "yarn-dyed" vs "washed" mean in the real world? does it have any major effect to the denim besides minor visual differences?

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do...scid=675335002

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do...d=1&pid=691303

in the mood for grey denim and not sure which one to get. fit wise: they both have the same waist, thigh, and leg opening measurements, but the only difference is the rise, correct? the yarn-dyed looking kinda like chambray which is interesting.

opinions? which would you pick between the two and why? thanks!

also whats the difference between "gray" and grey"? same thing right?

I tried both and went with the straight cut, which was slimmer and resembled that of my APC NS jeans. I am a 30 in APC NS, and went with a 32 in these. After wearing them for 3-4 times, they are a little looser at the seat, and wider at the thighs and leg than the APCs, but not by too much. Not sure what the deal with the denim is though. They are not selvage (if you care about those things), and they are not as rigid as raw denim (even though they are more rigid than washed denim). The weight of the denim is medium/heavy. Overall a good fit, for a fair price.

JanC

Reaction score
Great fit, danracer. I need to find a store that has these.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads