• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New gap denim

cancel.sing

Reaction score
There are no back pocket "designs", per se. The line across the back pockets is a stitch because the back pocket is partially lined.

mr. burns

Reaction score
i haven't seen any other models in person other than the authentic bucklebacks i have. thinking about a regular authentic or straight pair. do they all come with that 1" cuff on the hem?

mr. burns

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cancel.sing
There are no back pocket "designs", per se. The line across the back pockets is a stitch because the back pocket is partially lined.

wow, didn't even notice the lining at the bottom of the pockets. nice. i like the seamlessness of the selvage back pocket opening but it does seem a little over the top at the same time. like ****** is advertising to everyone 'HEY LOOK! WE USED SELVAGE!'

b7ff

Reaction score
Im dieing to buy the Skinny Selvage denim from Gap.. There are no size available in the website anymore, they only got size 36 or 38... T.T

Do anyone know where can I get these jeans from, other than the Gap website??

Why Gap does not produce these sought after jeans anymore?!!!
confused.gif
confused.gif

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chentwoten
So a couple weeks back i picked up the authentic buckle back selvage 34x32 because thats the only rigid selvage they had in my size (used my 40% off coupon). And about a week ago i picked up two free gap jean coupons from a dude for 15 each (the coupons were for a giveaway where you could win jeans, or money, etc).

Went back to gap today and picked up two more rigid selvages in 34x32.. i gotta say - love the straight fit. The authentic is nice because it really does mirror the 501 fit a lot and its real comfy, but the straight fit is a lil more fitting and less baggy so to speak (not that the authentic cut is baggy at all, just compared to one other).

I also noticed that with my buckleback authentics they have a selvage line on top of the back pockets as well as the rear belt loop, however the non-buckleback authentics only have one line across the back pocket like regular gap denim and the non-buckleback straights (not sure if they do have buckleback in straight..?) have no back pocket design (which i prefer). I'm excited to see how these jeans turn out, probably going to put the new authentic pickup in the closet and wear in on the other two pairs.

I picked up a pair of Authentic fits last night and they are NICE. Really, really nice, especially at under $100 all in.

Should I treat these like people treat the $300 jeans, aka not wash them for the first 6 months? Or is this a different type of jean?

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by b7ff
Im dieing to buy the Skinny Selvage denim from Gap.. There are no size available in the website anymore, they only got size 36 or 38... T.T

Do anyone know where can I get these jeans from, other than the Gap website??

Why Gap does not produce these sought after jeans anymore?!!!
confused.gif
confused.gif

got mine at the nyc herald square gap store. will have pics eventually. be warned -- the new skinny fit is not the "elevated skinny" as before, and has a lower rise similar to the RRL slim fit. the denim is more rigid and of a better quality as well.

chessman305

Reaction score
Can anyone give me an idea on how gap t-shirts size up against ones from j crew?

DECEMBER

Reaction score

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
skinnies, tts (already stretched a considerable amount) might throw these in the wash sooner rather than later:

3920205155_d27ae70fab.jpg

3920205271_d51d8a5cd9.jpg

3920990920_2f397446f2.jpg

BrooklynHighpost

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ctrlaltelite
skinnies, tts (already stretched a considerable amount) might throw these in the wash sooner rather than later:

Warm or hot water to prevent stretching?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads