1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

New gap denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by blackdarkeye, Jan 22, 2009.

1. wurlwyde

wurlwyde Senior member

I just saw the Spike Jones (spelling?) commercial. What the hell is the new Gap?

2. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

Why is the skinny fit not available on the website ?

3. spacemanvt

spacemanvt Senior member

any new coupons??
    i see some black authentics i want....

also does the authentic dark rinse end up being stiff? (aka fade well?) and is that diff from the raw?

4. Ge Fuzz

Ge Fuzz Senior member

these are the authentics... and the gap chambray.
    [​IMG]

My Gap didn't have the authentics, only the skinny which fit well but the rise is too low for my tastes. Whats the rise on the authentics? (30/30)

Also I didn't like how low the back pockets were located. Other than that these have a great fit and seem like they would last a long time for $88.

5. sazon

sazon Senior member

any new coupons??
    i see some black authentics i want....

also does the authentic dark rinse end up being stiff? (aka fade well?) and is that diff from the raw?

FORYOU = 20% off on web site till end of day today I believe

I had the rinse and didnt like them. Not stiff enuff and didnt like the color. Go for the RAW. Much better.

6. bossman08

bossman08 Senior member

Too bad they don't sell the raw(rigid) version online. 20% isn't much, basically gives you free shipping...better than nothing.

7. mr. burns

mr. burns Senior member

My Gap didn't have the authentics, only the skinny which fit well but the rise is too low for my tastes. Whats the rise on the authentics? (30/30) Also I didn't like how low the back pockets were located. Other than that these have a great fit and seem like they would last a long time for $88.
    mine are 30x32 and i think the rise is around 10-10.5". it's a little more than my 31x32 levi 514. they do have the same low back pockets though.

8. BrooklynHighpost

BrooklynHighpost Senior member

I'm going to sell my "Buy 3 get 1 jeans free" card, I realized I probably won't need another pair. Selling it for $44, so basically 50% off on your $88 selvage jeans. Preferably meeting up in NYC and doing the exchange in person.

9. seany

seany Senior member

Just bought the skinny raw selvedge jeans.

I noticed they have a NEW "skinny" type of selvedge/1969 jean.

It's the "destructed 1969 selvedge".

According to one of the employees they just rolled out this month.

10. mercer

mercer Member

11. constantine.

constantine. Senior member

if anyone is looking for a BNWT pair of the raw skinny in 30x32, pm me.

12. downtownstyle

downtownstyle Senior member

13. aguapanela

aguapanela New Member

Have a pair of 32x32 "standard fit" gap selvage in rigid. New with tags (I ended up going with the 31x32). Out of stock in stores and online. Willing to part with for $105 (shipping included). Email me if interested.

14. a-rock

a-rock Senior member

GAP friends and family is going on right now. Wanted the authentic black but they sold out in my size while I was browsing. Had my size in the shopping bag, decided to poke around the site a bit, and by the time I tried to check out, it was unavail! Bummer...

Picked up a pair of authentic raw selvage and authentic resin rinse. I don't know if this is true or not but from the website pics it looks like this one has white instead of yellow stitching? What exactly is resin rinse anyway?

15. bossman08

bossman08 Senior member

^^ It is? Does this mean 25% off everything?

16. Francis91

Francis91 Senior member

^^ It is? Does this mean 25% off everything?

It's 30% off anything if you have the friends and family coupon.

17. bossman08

bossman08 Senior member

where do i get a coupon?

18. a-rock

a-rock Senior member

There's individual barcodes on the emails. For online purchases, the codes are good for one-time use. The one I have I've already used online unfortunately. However they are good for unlimited uses in-store through Sunday.

Let me know if this link works. If not, PM with an email and I can fwd you one.

F&F coupon

19. bossman08

bossman08 Senior member

thanks a lot! so i can't use the one you've posted for an online purchase since you already used it once?

20. a-rock

a-rock Senior member

Google around and you'll find a bunch of codes. Hopefully you come across one that hasn't been used. Otherwise, yes you have to go in-store. The one I have I already used online.