1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

New gap denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by blackdarkeye, Jan 22, 2009.

1. WE350B

WE350B Well-Known Member

Any pics? I haven't seen these yet.

I don't have a working camera at the moment, except for an iPhone, and the results were disastrous, sorry. They're not on the Gap website. They do show a buckleback authentic there, but it's medium wash. The ones I got were clearly rigid, also, the ones on the website didn't have the selvage-lined back pockets (top edge) and middle belt loop, which mine have. I say call around, see if they have them. I just got home and tried them on again and then tried on some other "premium" denim (SC, SDA, etc.) to compare. Yes, I still like them, a lot actually. I guess it starts with them having a "golden" fit (self edge phrase kop).

2. bossman08

bossman08 Senior member

Would someone be able to pick me up a pair of the rigid selvage indigo denim? Anyone have measurements for an authentic fit? I would need a 32x32 or 32x34.

3. stylesmurf

stylesmurf Senior member

Would someone be able to pick me up a pair of the rigid selvage indigo denim? Anyone have measurements for an authentic fit? I would need a 32x32 or 32x34.

Don't think most stores have them anymore (or ever had them to begin with for that matter)

4. Ohhai

Ohhai Senior member

This is literally the equivalent of saying "someone go to self edge and get me the Sugar Canes".

There are several pairs past and present that fit that description. Why would you want a random unnamed cut?

5. chiamdream

chiamdream Senior member

i bought a straight-fit dark rinse for $34.50 ($20 off) and while it's clearly not APC territory, for workhorse jeans it's a steal. Good fit, too.

I'm very tempted. Is the straight fit the closest equivalent to the New Standard?

6. bossman08

bossman08 Senior member

This is literally the equivalent of saying "someone go to self edge and get me the Sugar Canes".

There are several pairs past and present that fit that description. Why would you want a random unnamed cut?

I'm referring to the new selvage authentic fit in indigo rigid. One of the posters mentioned he picked up a pair in one of the flagship stores. Are there multiple versions of the selvage authentic fit indigo jeans in rigid?

7. iamprov76

iamprov76 Senior member

I'm very tempted. Is the straight fit the closest equivalent to the New Standard?

probably... the rise is a bit lower and they're slightly less tapered. not selvedge at the 54.50 price point either, but again, for just bangin' around it's pretty good.

8. BrooklynHighpost

BrooklynHighpost Senior member

Is the NYC flagship store the one across the street from the Macy's on Harold Sq?

9. Ohhai

Ohhai Senior member

Is the NYC flagship store the one across the street from the Macy's on Harold Sq?

I don't know NYC that well but assuming you mean Herald Square at 34th then yes I believe that is a flagship location. I know they carried Pierre Hardy and only a handful of non flag stores ever got those.

10. happy hooligan

happy hooligan Senior member

I just stopped by tonight and looked at the selvedge they had.

It's similar to the one they had a couple of years ago.

I saw the buckle back with crazy selvedge lines on almost every pocket and the non buckle back one.

The older Gap Selvedge was made in Machu (china) and the new selvedge is made in just plain China.

The older ones actually say Japanese Selvedge Denim while the new ones I guess are just Chinese Selvedge.

(I have an old gap pair in the market if anyone's interested)

Over all they didn't look bad, but most raw jeans look good to me. It's when they're worn that you can start to see how good they are.

I picked up both of their chambray shirts they just came out with.

11. stylesmurf

stylesmurf Senior member

Are there any stores left in NYC that have the older selvedge rigid denim left in stock for sale? (prob not.. )

12. BrooklynHighpost

BrooklynHighpost Senior member

I picked up both of their chambray shirts they just came out with.

What colors were the chambrays, any grays?

13. sazon

sazon Senior member

Are there any stores left in NYC that have the older selvedge rigid denim left in stock for sale? (prob not.. )

Yes, I've def seen these around in skinny fit and straight fit during the past 2 weeks.

Call the Flagship store on 34th and Broadway. I know they had some left as of last week. Or the one on Broadway and 42nd.

14. Ohhai

Ohhai Senior member

What colors were the chambrays, any grays?

They call one "light blue" but it looks gray to my eyes. I threw it on with faded black jeans and it still looked gray.

The other one is a traditional blue.

there is a flagship only chambray as well but I haven't seen that one.

15. kennethshw

kennethshw Member

looks pretty good but not so slim):

16. Jokerman

Jokerman Senior member

I was checking out the Explore 1969 jeans link on the gap site and saw the skinny jeans. They look interesting. Has anyone seen them/tried them on. Measurements? It says there only sold in the store.

17. Ohhai

Ohhai Senior member

I was checking out the Explore 1969 jeans link on the gap site and saw the skinny jeans. They look interesting. Has anyone seen them/tried them on. Measurements? It says there only sold in the store.

The new skinny as far as I know did not change. I have the old rigid skinnys which as of a few days ago were still on gap.com in the sale section.

I have not seen any new skinny fits yet to compare.

I can post measurments of mine when I get home but if you search this thread, I am almost positive someone already did.

18. cthip

cthip Senior member

The new skinny as far as I know did not change. I have the old rigid skinnys which as of a few days ago were still on gap.com in the sale section. I have not seen any new skinny fits yet to compare. I can post measurments of mine when I get home but if you search this thread, I am almost positive someone already did.
    i have last season's/year's skinny fit also and like the fit a lot. fit is somewhere between an apc ns and apc nc, pretty similar to a nudie slim jim but slightly slimmer. only major complaint is that the denim is a little on the thin/light side (not necessarily a bad thing in the summer). also not a fan of the coin-pocket selvage but for the price i can live with it. they're still available here, albeit in ridiculous sizes. i don't want to meet the man that orders skinny jeans in a size 40 waist. http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do...ID=25781&vid=1 here are the measurements of my size 30x32 waist: 34.5 (crazy stretching in the waist--i can pull them off if i don't wear a belt) front rise: 9.25 back rise: 14 thigh: 12 knee: 8.25 leg opening: 8 inseam: 32 if they were available for under $40 in a size 29x34 i'd buy them again, but i don't think i'd pay $60 or $80 for them. i figure my next pair will be the 3sixteen ST series which seems to be a pretty similar cut by the measurements with somewhat heavier denim.

19. Jokerman

Jokerman Senior member

The new skinny as far as I know did not change. I have the old rigid skinnys which as of a few days ago were still on gap.com in the sale section.

I have not seen any new skinny fits yet to compare.

I can post measurments of mine when I get home but if you search this thread, I am almost positive someone already did.

The ones I saw where not online for sale. In store only it said. I found it through here http://www.gap.com/browse/info.do?cid=49294 but under the mens of course.

20. Ohhai

Ohhai Senior member

The ones I saw where not online for sale. In store only it said. I found it through here http://www.gap.com/browse/info.do?cid=49294 but under the mens of course.

I realize that.

I'm telling you that they fit the same as the aforementioned rigid skinny, which now conveniently has measurements posted above.