• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New gap denim

bossman08

Reaction score
Ok, cool. I'll call tomorrow to see if they can ship a pair. How much are they selling for at the Grove, btw?

I've heard it's a quality jean for the price, correct? I want to try the standard selvage fit

cancel.sing

Reaction score
There are at least four selvage jeans in the new collection, two are washes in the Authentic fit (which I've tried and is actually quite nice, at least in smaller sizes) and two are Rigid (essentially raw, probably rinsed) in the Authentic and Straight fits respectively. Not all stores will have these - they are the "elevated collection". Go to a larger Gap if your store doesn't have them. From all of the jeans I've handled since doing the store stocking last night and all the ones I tried on today, I'm not disappointed. I think they could've done better with the washes - they've done better in the past, actually. But I think the raw/rinsed selvage are good, the Authentic/Straight are good fits in my size, and I really like the rigid gray denim in the Straight fit. I'm surprised no one else was intrigued by that. Of course, what I'm really after this fall is a pair of Skulls, but as I said before, for the Gap, I think it's all pretty decent.
smile.gif
Also, for my Canadian buddies, I was misinformed - the selvage fits are $110, but as a whole the collection starts at $59.50 CDN. Also, go try the stuff on if you're curious. The website misrepresents everything, from fit to colour.

bob99

Reaction score
Hey Cancel.sing, can you confirm that the darker selvedge washes are available in Canada? Any recommend on a Toronto store that carries them? I checked out the Queen St. store today, but only saw the light / distressed "authentic" cut, which seemed a bit ironic due to the fake distressing.

gt33

Reaction score
wouldnt mind getting a pair of the rigid selvege authetics since i am too poor to afford anything better, but honestly for most other people at the price (90, no?) its really not worth it. On sale for 40 and under sure though

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bossman08
yeah, these were a let down....I saw them in the store the other day and was not impressed.

Are any stores still selling the japanese selvage denim version from this year? I emailed Gap customer service, but they're claiming the stores don't have any more in stock. Has anyone seen them at their local Gap?

Saw a bunch of skinny fit selvage, standard fit rigid, and LRDF Selvage at the GAP at 34th and B-Way in NYC just last night.

Barrylicious

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bossman08
yeah, these were a let down....I saw them in the store the other day and was not impressed.

Are any stores still selling the japanese selvage denim version from this year? I emailed Gap customer service, but they're claiming the stores don't have any more in stock. Has anyone seen them at their local Gap?

I was at the Gap on Michigan Ave in Chicago last Thursday and they still had a billion pairs of the old jeans. Haven't been there since Monday to see if they removed them all for the new stuff though.

YoPete525

Reaction score
How is the material? They've been making a pretty big deal about the new processes in creating this "premium denim."

MinnesotaNice

Reaction score
I picked up a pair of the white jeans from last year for $18. Also collected my coupon for 40% off an item, which I'm planning on using for the new denim, which looks pretty darn good for the price

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how should i size on gap denim, im gonna buy some **** w/ the 30% coupon via online

true to size? size up or down?

i wear a 30 in jcrew an 28 in apc ns

gt33

Reaction score
went in there today and got a pair of the distressed selvege for 9.99, white selevege jeans for 9.99, and the dark rinse selvege for 9.99. not bad! they had the new authetic fit jeans there but no selevge

@ snuf: i would recommend sizing down to a 28-29- only 28 if you can try it on in the store, though, because the sizing is somewhat inconsistent. otherwise, go with a 29. in the store they tell me there are no 32 length inseams with a 28 waist, but on the website it is possible to order them like that.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snuff_daddy
how should i size on gap denim, im gonna buy some **** w/ the 30% coupon via online

Their stuff stretches out so I would size down 1 maybe 2 if you like tight jawnz.

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thnx

stopped by my local gap here in tampa and they dont really have any new jeans [they never do]

i wanted to see the selvage models and that slim/skinny light grey pair

so im just gonna order em online to check em out

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snuff_daddy

mazda (RIP) was right in saying they run true to size. in his words: "sizing down would be sizing DOWN"

i find this to be true. i rock 32 waist gaps and 30/31 most other jeans.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics