New gap denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by blackdarkeye, Jan 22, 2009.

1. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

i kind of like the skinny colored ones but the authentic fits look like shit..and wtf is this?
    The water used in the process of washing and dyeing these jeans has been specially treated to ensure it is safe and clean when it leaves the factory.

Gotta make sure the pants don't transfer swine flu to all the loving American GAP consumers u_u

2. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

So none of the new denim is raw? The old straight leg "dark rinsed" ones were raw right?

3. Barrylicious

Barrylicious Senior member

There's still a "dark rinse" which is probably some sort of a one-wash

4. cancel.sing

cancel.sing Senior member

I'm working tonight and I'll probably be handling most of the new denim, I'll get back to you guys with my impressions.

5. sazon

sazon Senior member

Some local stores in NYC have the new jeans, except no selvage yet. I'll try to get up there tonight to take a look.

6. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

Gap/Banana Republic are running their 30% off charity promotion starting Thursday, fyi.

7. van_hammersly

van_hammersly Senior member

my local gap had only a few of the new offerings out. Some light washes in bootcut. None of the straight/skinny stuff. A pretty small selection of jeans overall, scaled back from how it was the last time I went. I also noticed they had folded the gap kids store into the same space that had the regular store was in before, so maybe Gap's not doing too great at my mall. I don't even know if I'll use the 30 percent off coupon on the 30th, I'm pretty disappointed with the cuts/washes.

8. cancel.sing

cancel.sing Senior member

I am working overnight tonight as my store rolls out the new denim, so it may be that most stores will not have fully launched the new denim collection until tomorrow.

9. mulansauce

mulansauce Senior member

The site doesn't seem to recognize "skinny" as one of the new fits--it is only listed under "limited edition"

10. DuFace

DuFace Member

If anyone still needs 30% instore coupons i have a ton of invites. pm me your emails so you dont flood this thread.

11. sazon

sazon Senior member

I am working overnight tonight as my store rolls out the new denim, so it may be that most stores will not have fully launched the new denim collection until tomorrow.

I don't know...maybe it was all the hype, or anticipation, but I was a bit let down. I actually like last fall's low rise straight fit better than the new cuts.

I tried on the Standard Fit...still too boxy, as was last year. The Authentic fit was kinda like last year's low rise straight fit, but higher on the waist and not as slim in the legs. I didn't try the straight fit, but it looks similar to last year's LRSF, just not low rise.

The washes were all pretty boring. The Authentic whiskered in Authentic cut were a nice shade of blue, but too much artificial fading/whiskering for my tastes. The Resin Rinse Authentic looked more black than blue to me. All the rest did nothing at all for me.

No new 1969 selvedge out yet in any stores in NYC. I was hoping to get a look at the selvedge washes but guess I'll have to wait.

12. Jekyll

Jekyll Senior member

yea. very underwhelming. no raw. no selvedge. meh.............................................

13. constantine.

constantine. Senior member

if the skinny cut only comes in colored denim and then this is some bulljive

14. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

The cabernet jeans look nice. Colored denim seems to tend to be skinny, not slim, correct me if I'm wrong. I've been looking for slim colored denim on the cheap forever, but UO / levi offerings are skin tight.

Gap's 'skinny' fit is a little funky, imo though. Awfully low rise and the severe vanity sizing gave me issues. The waist is so blown up that I have to go clear down to 28 only to find the legs are getting crazy skinny at that point.

Where oh where did the Levi 501 color pack ever go...

15. bossman08

bossman08 Senior member

yeah, these were a let down....I saw them in the store the other day and was not impressed.

Are any stores still selling the japanese selvage denim version from this year? I emailed Gap customer service, but they're claiming the stores don't have any more in stock. Has anyone seen them at their local Gap?