New gap denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by blackdarkeye, Jan 22, 2009.

1. RROMAN8435

RROMAN8435 Well-Known Member

I scored a pair in Tucson for $29....I'm happy cause I was going to order them online with the 30% off.

2. quevola

quevola Senior member

I was at Gap today. $30 for the straight in Brea, CA.

I also saw some denim advertised as "trouser dyed" or something that was a light powder grey. I'll try to catch them on sale.

What a difference a day makes. I was there today and they were full price [​IMG]

3. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

Online 30% discount is still in effect through today, I believe.

4. blackdarkeye

blackdarkeye Senior member

Full price as of yesterday at the michigan ave. gap

really? wow thats surprising, the gap near has had them on sale for nearly 3 months.

5. Mazda

Mazda Senior member

really? wow thats surprising, the gap near has had them on sale for nearly 3 months.

Different pair then. They have new selvage most seasons.

Also, when I worked there in college if it was on sale at one store, 98% of the time it was on sale at all stores. Different prices, but always all on sale.

6. jcrewsmcknight

jcrewsmcknight Senior member

He was going to wash them right off the bat anyway, so it's a moot point. It's easy to forget that we, the people who don't wash our jeans for a year, are a vast minority. I don't even bother explaining to most people since the standard response is "ewwww"

I agree however that the straight fit denim isn't as nice as the rigid that comes on the skinny and the standard.

But yeah, unless you size down, the standard fit is pretty baggy IMO. I think he will get the look he is going for with the straight.

Got my straight fits yesterday.. I definitely made the right choice. I'm liking the fit a lot. I had to size up 2 from the standard fits to get the fit I like in the thighs.

7. blackdarkeye

blackdarkeye Senior member

Different pair then. They have new selvage most seasons.

Also, when I worked there in college if it was on sale at one store, 98% of the time it was on sale at all stores. Different prices, but always all on sale.

they had the skinny fits on sale as early as February i believe. There were no skinny raws last season.

8. amnesiac

amnesiac Senior member

they had the skinny fits on sale as early as February i believe. There were no skinny raws last season.

My skinny fit selvage raws are from Holiday 08. I got them in mid january on sale right when the slim straights had come in.

9. Kingofkicks954

Kingofkicks954 Member

10. Mazda

Mazda Senior member

I am sitting on the porch drinking rum and after a few the obvious thing to do seemed to be to take my pants off. This is true to size at 32 with 2.5 months of actual wear.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For $40 I love them. I like them more then I ever liked my APC's and so far they are holding up better as well. Certainly not going to stand up to most higher priced brands but against the two common entry level jeans, APC and Nudie both of which I have owned, I'd take these and save the excess for a real pair of jeans any day.

11. otc

otc Senior member

Any word on chicago pricing/availability?

I would love to find a pair at $40

12. Skoalbandit

Skoalbandit Member

Has anyone else had the problem of their wallet not fitting into the back pockets of these? They have that sort of "pinched" stitching at the top and getting my wallet in is a battle.

13. sazon

sazon Senior member

Mazda, you gots tons of crab grass my friend. You need some weed control on that lawn!

14. adambparker

adambparker Senior member

Any word on chicago pricing/availability?

I would love to find a pair at $40

Popped in at North Ave. today and they had a stack of them for $40 or less -- mostly larger sizes. Didn't look too closely.