• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

New G&G Connaught in Midnight Blue

mbkoissy

Reaction score
I just received a new pair of MTO G&G Connaught in midnight blue. I just wanted something different as most of my shoes in my more than 50 pair collection are black or brown. Although, I should admit they are mostly brown. So a little change this time is not bad. I am very please with the outcome, and I look forward to my next pair, a pair of Model 522 Saint Crispin's in a black faded color as seen on bespoke shoes from Fosters & Sons, and other makers. Below are some few pictures. Please, enjoy and send your comments. Thanks!

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Exquisite! Thanks for posting

How do you find the fit compared to your other shoes?

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fantastic. Wear them well.

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mbkoissy
I just received a new pair of MTO G&G Connaught in midnight blue. I just wanted something different as most of my shoes in my more than 50 pair collection are black or brown. Although, I should admit they are mostly brown. So a little change this time is not bad. I am very please with the outcome, and I look forward to my next pair, a pair of Model 522 Saint Crispin's in a black faded color as seen on bespoke shoes from Fosters & Sons, and other makers. Below are some few pictures. Please, enjoy and send your comments. Thanks!

Interesting colour choice, I'm not sure what I think that colour be honest. However, with a shoe collection of 50 then why not. I've seen an nice blue/black shade in suede that G&G offer. I may indulge.

mbkoissy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbris1
Exquisite! Thanks for posting

How do you find the fit compared to your other shoes?

The fit is perfect. This is my 4th pair of G&G, and they fit like a glove.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mbkoissy
The fit is perfect. This is my 4th pair of G&G, and they fit like a glove.

Sizing compared to other brands/sizes?

mbkoissy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbris1
Sizing compared to other brands/sizes?

All my shoes fit very well. I have not worn the Connaught long enough to have a final opinion on the topic. However, from a first try they fit well. I have to admit that there is no distinction between my GC, JL, EG, C&J, or SC. With the exception of C&J which are not MTO, and therefore tend to be wider depending on the last.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks great! My next, and likely last shoe for a long while, will be midnight blue wingtips along the lines of the EG Beaulieu.

meister

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice...enjoy them...

amplifiedheat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I keep being struck by an urge to brush the dust off of them--but they're clean.

mbkoissy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by amplifiedheat
I keep being struck by an urge to brush the dust off of them--but they're clean.

There is no dust on them. They just came out of the box. It is the patina that gives them this look. Interestingly, the shoe polish that came in the box is black, which means that as I polish them, and as they age the patina will probably become darker and darker.

artoftime

Reaction score
Yes, these are fantastic, if a tad fashion-y...still brilliant. Red leather lining just sends it right over the top for me -

Enjoy in good health - G&G rules!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.