• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Furniture

pauliodotnet

Reaction score
Mind the old looking desk, it is to be thrown out soon, and my mattress has yet to arrive.

Bo Concept furniture
smile.gif
my room before was just old furniture from my college days. After doing many other home improvements, I have finally got to my bedroom.

room01.jpg

room02.jpg

room03.jpg

freshcutgrass

Reaction score
Like the bed/credenza. The real clincher will be the bedspread treatment.

Like the colour on the wall and drapes (except the satin bottom sections are terrible IMO)

Have to say I'm not a fan of redish wood floors...this bedroom is screaming for carpet.

Overall, a good basic starting point. Good luck on the lighting, art & accessories, which will pull it all together and personalize it.

pauliodotnet

Reaction score
The photograph does not depict the floors properly, as they are FAR from red
smile.gif
I removed all the carpet from the 3rd floor and put hardwood. The bottom thing I added, but will be removing, and am contemplating stopping the curtain to the window sill. I need to get sheets fast, and have not decided, so for now just all white is what I was going with. any reccomendations? I am looking for that one nice piece to go over the head board, and then two light fixtures over the night stands, i have standing ones for now, but would like something on the wall.

freshcutgrass

Reaction score
The photograph does not depict the floors properly, as they are FAR from red I removed all the carpet from the 3rd floor and put hardwood.
Yea, I figured the floor probably looked different than the photo...but, in this case, wood floors of any kind just doesn't seem right here for some reason. I know it's probably a moot point here, as you just spent the money installing them.

am contemplating stopping the curtain to the window sill.
Probably the best idea in this case, as having most of it behind the low credenza would not look right (especially because they are both dark). The low credenza will make for a great place to display your vintage Scando ceramics collection. he he (ok...whatever collection you have).

I need to get sheets fast, and have not decided, so for now just all white is what I was going with. any reccomendations?
Can't suggest sheets...go with your personal fave is the best suggestion. The spread is the big thing, and I will leave it up to LabelKing to suggest the best exotic "dead thing" for the job.

I am looking for that one nice piece to go over the head board, and then two light fixtures over the night stands, i have standing ones for now, but would like something on the wall.
Hey...nobody can help you with "art"...that's going to have to be you...for better or worse. With the colour on those walls, you can certainly have something that will "pop" (I hate that word, but it does work), or you can make it more subtle, and tone-on-tone it.

I don't know if wall-mounted lighting is a good idea here. Since they need to be task lighting, sconces would not work, and now your options are really limited, and not very "interesting". Those low and long night tables are perfect for lamps, with room for other stuff. Going with table lamps gives the best options, and after all, the lamps are the jewels of any room.

pauliodotnet

Reaction score
i was going for a painting that would "pop" something really bright. i have 3 Gockels down stairs, and he Great Wave" by Hokusai. so looking for a new artist, and it will come eventually. sheets will be all white, comforter will be who knows. i have soo much queen sheets/comforters. ah well. will post up some progression pictures, as well as my kitchen after I paint it. hope this suede RL paint is easy
wink.gif

freshcutgrass

Reaction score
There are a unlimited number of lighting options of course, but your bedroom gave me the immediate impression of the long& low Minotti or B&B Italia look, and the first thing that came to mind are the classic Pipistrello (Gae Aulenti) or Taccia (Castiglioni). Predictable...yes. But always tasteful.

f802-620_pipistrello.jpg

058.jpg

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^That second lamp WILL be mine one day! I just finally picked up a Toio floor lamp last year, which was another Castiglioni piece that I had always wanted.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A Chinese squirrel spread would be nice; perhaps a real leopard skin rug to offset all that darkness. I think for the bedside lamp, the "Snoopy" might work:
Achille_and_Pier_Giacomo_Castiglioni_Snoopy_Table_Lamp_usb.jpg
I also think a Pistillo wall lamp might work.
Pistillo-lamp.jpg

freshcutgrass

Reaction score
I also think a Pistillo wall lamp might work.
Yes...I was thinking of that one two...looks great on dark walls.

Two problems though...one, it's another cheaply knocked-off light that is everywhere now, and two...although it may look good on his wall, wouldn't be much for functional bedside task lighting, which I don't think would be something worth compromising.

That second lamp WILL be mine one day!
I saw a cheap (under $500 ) knock-off that I swear was dead on original.

My "must have" lamp for a while has been the Bolide by Jumo (designer unknown, but Gustav Miklos is often quoted). A also think it might look quite sexy in this room as well (in white of course).

anticlopedia_machine_age_streamline_light_lamp_lighting_pict0060.JPG

anticlopedia_machine_age_streamline_light_lamp_lighting_pict0066.JPG

anticlopedia_machine_age_streamline_light_lamp_lighting_pict0050_1.JPG

IMG_3174.JPG

Oh...how easily I could turn this into the "Lighting Appreciation" thread. I will resist however.

pauliodotnet

Reaction score
wow, i never knew taht this could be so expensive hahaha

i have some anal bead looking lamp right now LOL, will snap pictures tomorrow for you all to ridicule me.

freshcutgrass

Reaction score
Something like this might meet LK's minimum "dead stuff" requirements. Me, I think the key is that Billy Haines/Ward Bennet style chair.

samantha

Reaction score
These lamps are so incredible! Absolutely nice. It's on my list of things to get! Those fit so well in my quest for artistic, interesting and funky lighting designs.

b-e08043-TBH.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads