• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ede & Ravenscroft catalogue - lots of pics!

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The latest Ede catalogue.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Some very sharp looks, with just one or two clunkers in my opinion, but I'll let you decide for yourselves.

Apologies - I lack a scanner so had to take photos instead, so the quality is decidedly suboptimal. Also forgive the cross-posting from AAAC, but the membership is different, and I wanted to let everyone here have the opportunity to drool too...

sep28004uz0.jpg

sep28005ed1.jpg

sep28006th3.jpg

sep28007jm7.jpg

sep28014re9.jpg

sep28013qj6.jpg

sep28012qj6.jpg

sep28011ct1.jpg

sep28010xu5.jpg

sep28009vk5.jpg

sep28008mc9.jpg

My favourite is the solid navy "Russian twill" suit I think... talking of which I have the caption descriptions too, but am too lazy to type them up right now. Any particular questions, just ask and I'll see if the catalogue has any info!
cool.gif

juniper

Reaction score
My pamphlet arrived today too. The distressed flannel grey suit is beautiful in person. You don't see too many informal suits around these days, but the puffed edge on the lapels (in the same place piping would be) and the button-over coat collar make this one, I'd say.

The windowpane odd jacket is very pretty in person too.

juniper

Reaction score
Incidentally, Ede and Ravenscroft have taken over the unit next to their Cambridge branch, which will be an extension. It's not been shopfitted yet, though.

juniper

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
sep28010xu5.jpg

I can't get my four-in-hands to flare as nicely as that under the knot, including ones I've bought from E&R. Adjusting them afterwards to get the affect seems not to work. Is that a different kind of knot?

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by juniper
My pamphlet arrived today too. The distressed flannel grey suit is beautiful in person. You don't see too many informal suits around these days, but the puffed edge on the lapels (in the same place piping would be) and the button-over coat collar make this one, I'd say.

I'm planning to pop into Ede soon myself, so I will take a look - that one, and the solid navy are my favourites. I was thinking of MTM'ing or bespeaking a mid-grey sharkskin, but I might get those two RTW instead! They're pretty damn cool. The shawl collar waistcoat with the distressed flannel is a nifty retro touch.

The windowpane odd jacket is very pretty in person too.
The jacket is nice, but I dislike how it's been paired with a near-identical shade solid pair of trousers in the front cover shot.

I can't get my four-in-hands to flare as nicely as that under the knot, including ones I've bought from E&R. Adjusting them afterwards to get the affect seems not to work. Is that a different kind of knot?

Maybe it's been tacked into place. Or the waistcoat is having the same effect to keep it in place and flared.

juniper

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
The jacket is nice, but I dislike how it's been paired with a near-identical shade solid pair of trousers in the front cover shot.

Yes, I agree with that, certainly. But what else would you choose? I'd do jeans, but if I wanted to be more formal... Corduroy sounds wrong, moleskin?

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love the huge, loud windowpane but I think it needs a solid shirt and a solid (textured) tie.

Winot

Reaction score
Does the DB waistcoat for the pinstriped grey flannel three piece defintely have a shawl collar?

I'm not familiar enough with waistcoats to know if it would look the same if it had peak lapels.

Thanks.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I walk by an Ede store on my way to my supervision and this stuff looks great in person. They have a number of looks similar to the catalog in the window and there's a great understanding of pattern/texture/color going on in these outfits.

juniper

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Edward Appleby
I walk by an Ede store on my way to my supervision and this stuff looks great in person. They have a number of looks similar to the catalog in the window and there's a great understanding of pattern/texture/color going on in these outfits.
Notice how the Grey Flannel 3pc suit in the Cambridge window doesn't have the loop on the lapel. Perhaps they thought better of it...

nmoraitis

Reaction score
I really like pics three and five.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Notice how the Grey Flannel 3pc suit in the Cambridge window doesn't have the loop on the lapel. Perhaps they though better of it...

Maybe it can be buttoned back? Don't know.

Someone else asked about the waistcoat - don't know for sure about the DB waistcoat, but the SB waistcoat with the vintage flannel suit is definitely shawl.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The distressed flannel suit is superb and the navy blue is great too...

How much are the rtw models?
How much is a bespoke operation?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads