1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

New Ed Green brogues on EBay

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by STYLESTUDENT, Nov 22, 2004.

1. STYLESTUDENT

STYLESTUDENT Distinguished Member

Thought I'd share. Yes, I'm the high bidder but the shoes are too rustic for me to bid higher than my current bid of $51. Note the thick soles. This is a large size 8E-the measurements are similar to 9E Aldens (quite wide). http://<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/......me=WDVW</a> If anybody knows the next highest bidder, who is "chraming", I'd like to know who he is. He bids on the same items that I do (naturally I think he's got great taste).

2. Duveen

Duveen Senior Member

I don't know who he is, but I am curious as well. I have been on Ebay for about 4 years now and he tends to come in and outbid everybody on the better items.

Clearly a man of wealth as well as taste...

Another one I am curious about is Philly_Fan. He is on and off like I am, but I run across him every so often and like the things that he is looking at.

3. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

Nice shoes. And yes, chraming does seem to have good taste and deep pockets. Wow.

4. zjpj83

zjpj83 Distinguished Member

I like them and will be bidding

5. kabert

kabert Distinguished Member

The seller of these really seems to be shooting himself in the foot with the photo. Surely these shoes are tan and not the bizarre gray shown in the photo.... Why on earth would the seller do this if he cares a hoot about getting a good price???..

6. bengal-stripe

bengal-stripe Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

This seller is even shooting himself in the feet (plural).

It's not only the quality of the photographs; it's also the fact that he restricts the auction to American bidders only. "chraming" is Japan based and many people willing to pay top whack for shoes and other top designer goods (particular in the smaller sizes) come from Japan.
    Maybe he doesn't care.

7. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Distinguished Member

I think there's also the fact that the dollar is way down against most currencies. So even with higher shipping, this shoe might appear very low-priced to a bidder from Japan....

8. fkl118

fkl118 Senior Member

I wonder what size shoe Chraming actually wears? It seems he'll buy just about any size as long as it's EG or Lobb. I can't imagine that he could wear all the things he's bought on ebay; maybe he re-sells them to other people in Japan.

Also, anytime Japanese bidders are excluded from an auction like this, you Americans are bound to get a good deal.

9. mr. magoo

mr. magoo Senior Member

Who knows if they are tan -- &quot;Almond Country&quot;? Not &quot;Acorn&quot; mind you, the typical light tan color that EG uses, but Almond Country. Could be a grayish tan or a tannish gray. Certainly may be unique, which is what's making me think of bidding on them.