• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Duchamp Collection - now making jackets(?)

doctorj!

Reaction score
I just recieved two of their shirts and they are both gorgeous! Currenty they have free shipping, and shirts are a 100 pounds each. (normally 115). I love their colors, and the quality of the fabric is excellent! The coats are too pricey for me though. Maybe when they go on sale at the end of the season. Here are the two shirts I bought:
3354nci.jpg
2q0tzbm.jpg
AJ

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
The tweed cloth is made in Scotland. The coat itself is made wherever they are making the other ones. Standard British designer path nowadays -- keep prices high, devolve production from Britain to Italy to wherever is cheapest.

CharlesAlexander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
The tweed cloth is made in Scotland. The coat itself is made wherever they are making the other ones. Standard British designer path nowadays -- keep prices high, devolve production from Britain to Italy to wherever is cheapest.

Cloth made in Scotland + Hand finished in Italy = Made in Bangladesh

designerbrit

Reaction score
you are totally right I think I misread ...

seems like Italy is the outsourcing country of choice for some of the best British luxury brands. I would obviously trust Italian craftsmanship over certain other outsourced to countries.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by designerbrit
you are totally right I think I misread ...

seems like Italy is the outsourcing country of choice for some of the best British luxury brands. I would obviously trust Italian craftsmanship over certain other outsourced to countries.

"finished in Italy" could mean they just sewed the label on there when it arrived from China.

Any relative value is dying a death right now. The "best luxury brands" are beginning to have stuff made in cheaper places with cheaper material to sell at the same prices, increasing profits and marketing budgets so they can foster the image of being a quintessential British brand or Northampton shoemaker.

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
and what is that colourful little gadget stuck on the jacket lapels?
They make enamel lapel pins and tie bars but this isn't generally known. They make beautiful ties. The overall look is one for a confident person with some of that 60s, Swinging London thrown in.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
"finished in Italy" could mean they just sewed the label on there when it arrived from China.

Any relative value is dying a death right now. The "best luxury brands" are beginning to have stuff made in cheaper places with cheaper material to sell at the same prices, increasing profits and marketing budgets so they can foster the image of being a quintessential British brand or Northampton shoemaker.

I just don't buy that entirely because won't the 'best luxury brands' always be distinguished by their quality of materials and production?

Case in point.

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"finished in Italy" could mean they just sewed the label on there when it arrived from China. Any relative value is dying a death right now. The "best luxury brands" are beginning to have stuff made in cheaper places with cheaper material to sell at the same prices, increasing profits and marketing budgets so they can foster the image of being a quintessential British brand or Northampton shoemaker.
Perhaps a new arms race is developing between luxury brand margins and iGent bargain bin shopping?

designerbrit

Reaction score
John Lobb manufacture shoes in Northampton

Turnbull & Asser shirts are made in England

Swaine Adeney Brigg leather goods are made in Cambridge

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads