• We would like to welcome Craftsman Clothing back as an official Affiliate Vendor. Craftsman Clothing is a brand for the refined men who want to look good with minimal effort, and care about products that are well-made. In additon to being a go-to brand for all things essential, Craftsman Clothing also offers bespoke outerwear that’s uniquely crafted for you. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

New dress shoes' soles too slick........

Timothy

Reaction score
I've recently picked up a pair of Bally dress shoes and the sole's are as slick as oil when walking on carpet. I am wondering how, or even can I get them to have more traction? Should I walk around outside in the gravel for a while to wear out the sole's a little? Thank you.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Reaction score
When they are brand new they have a coating on them that wears off quickly. If you want to scuff them, do so on smoothish concrete, not gravel, because gravel will harm them more than neccessary and may get up into the leather and scratch it. Just go skate around on some concrete for a while and they will grip a bit better. It does take some getting used to walking in them. When they are scuffed to where the coating is all gone, you can take them to a shoe shop and have rubber sole patches glued to the bottoms, which will help. I need to take 3 pairs of shoes in and have this done to all of them, because I can't stand sliding on carpet; it makes me feel like I'm getting nowhere.

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.