• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

New Drake's uploaded

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah,prices have gone up too

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
Yeah,prices have gone up too

I have realiced that, yep Forex, Cashmere ties never went into sales as you blamed me.

I got the email of the saleswoman. I was right.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpallaCamiccia
I have realiced that, yep Forex, Cashmere ties never went into sales as you blamed me.

I got the email of the saleswoman. I was right.

When the sale started,cashmere ties were down to 55 GBP, they must have made a mistake and underpriced them. Basic ties are now 95 GBP and with the exchange rate going up are already pushing it to $150 a tie

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Insane prices for a tie!

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When the sale started,cashmere ties were down to 55 GBP, they must have made a mistake and underpriced them. Basic ties are now 95 GBP and with the exchange rate going up are already pushing it to $150 a tie

No man, I copy you;

Dear Fran

These cashmere ties are not in the sale - we currently have customers waiting for these still and missing colourways should be available within the next week to 10 days.

Kind regards

Kathryn

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ich_Dien
Insane prices for a tie!

Perhaps they are using this dirty trick that other brands are using.

To overprice the season prices as they know most of the sales are doing on the sales, so that way they got the same % profit as they wanted .

Agree¿?

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpallaCamiccia
Perhaps they are using this dirty trick that other brands are using. To overprice the season prices as they know most of the sales are doing on the sales, so that way they got the same % profit as they wanted . Agree¿?
I honestly don't know, it would seem a silly business model to rely on sales alone. Drake's ties are great, agreed, but £105 great? I'd rather spend the extra £25 to have an Hermès tie and even then it would be a complete one-off. Can their iGent reputation alone shift ties at that price? They seem popular here in Italy, but pale in comparison to some of the EG Cappelli and Marinella ties that are also available, usually in the same shops.

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ich_Dien
I honestly don't know, it would seem a silly business model to rely on sales alone. Drake's ties are great, agreed, but £105 great? I'd rather spend the extra £25 to have an Hermès tie and even then it would be a complete one-off. Can their iGent reputation alone shift ties at that price? They seem popular here in Italy, but pale in comparison to some of the EG Cappelli and Marinella ties that are also available, usually in the same shops.

Drake's shares ties with Marinella or are made together in the same place.

Yes, too expensive. I'll wait to sales to get the cashmere ones that I like and perhaps that linen look like.

ndw

Reaction score

Maybe some of the cashmere ones were not on sale, but I got a few at the sale price so I must have caught it before they raised the price again.

While expensive, I think they are very nice ties with beautiful fabric and quality construction.

Originally Posted by niidawg3
orange ties are gonna be big this season.

I have always loved orange ties. Luckily I have multiple so I can keep up with the cool kids
I've yet to find an orange cashmere (or wool for that matter).

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ndw
Maybe some of the cashmere ones were not on sale, but I got a few at the sale price so I must have caught it before they raised the price again.

While expensive, I think they are very nice ties with beautiful fabric and quality construction.

I have always loved orange ties. Luckily I have multiple so I can keep up with the cool kids
I've yet to find an orange cashmere (or wool for that matter).

I agree,they are very nice ties. I am just pissed off as I had close to 10 ties in my cart that I kept putting off and off,now the total price has gone up by 100 GBP

Didn't Ed make some burnt orange cashmere ties? Will has some orange challis ties,you must have seen them though.

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 16 3.3%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 82 16.9%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 160 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 79 16.3%
  • 31 - 40

Votes: 41 8.5%