1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

New Dog - Changed Perspective

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by IUtoSLU, Aug 9, 2010.

1. dcg

dcg Senior member

^Vizslas need to run (a lot) and are not generally a good match for an apartment.

2. RSS

RSS Senior member

I've long had dogs ... but I'm late in life to adopting older dogs. Not only can one avoid the difficult puppy years ... but it's possible to know the personality of such a dog before it comes into the home. Moreover ... one gets a pet that somehow instinctly knows that its life has been greatly improved. I'm not sure if dogs have feelings of gratefulness ... but adopt an older pup and you'll think they do.

The picture below is of Cody, the first of my adopted beagles. He was a dwarf who came to us at age 7 and lived for another five years. A year after Cody's death, we adopted two older beagles. Each is about 13 yo ... and with us now for 2 1/2 years.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

3. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

My new Airedale: [​IMG]

4. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

5. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

^Vizslas need to run (a lot) and are not generally a good match for an apartment.

GF and I are active and run quite a bit. I think between the two of us it would probably work out. I see Viszla's here in the city on the occasion and they don't seem too hyperactive. Haven't seen a ridgeback here yet.

I think the biggest trouble would be leaving it at home for 10 or so hours unattended...so maybe a more low energy dog would be in order...we'll have to see.

6. calisanfran

calisanfran Senior member

7. Sherman90

Sherman90 Senior member

I felt compelled to share a few pics of my dog: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    This dog looks awesome! What is the breed?