• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Dog - Changed Perspective

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got a poodle recently too. Grew up with dogs and loved them, was not ready for this one though. Poodles are smart but super needy, especially mine. For about 6 months he wouldn't let me sleep. He's settled down finally and is pretty well trained. My sanity has returned and I'm quite fond of him now.

I never used to like cats until I found my stray 5 years or so ago. I don't think I've ever loved an animal more than this jerk of a cat
wink.gif

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome pic! Impressed you were able to get the hat to stay on.

kstyle

Reaction score
i grew up owning dogs, my mother shows her dogs more affection than anyone ive ever seen...so its only right i grew up the same way....i cried like a 12 year old boy to Marley and Me.

here is Maxine
4628329656_315ca0371e_o.jpg

4628329344_95a9c9071b_o.jpg

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^ Maxine is awesome.

Originally Posted by tiecollector
Awesome pic! Impressed you were able to get the hat to stay on.

Thanks - she actually loved that float - stayed on there for a good 1/2 hour looking around and then took a nap on it! Hat on the whole time.

BP348

Reaction score
I know the feeling. I always had big dogs growing up so when a friend's chihuahua had pups and my wife wanted one (for her son) I was like NO WAY!! Well we ended up with a pup and like most 11 year olds the son tired of her after about a week. She's 11 now and I love her to death!!
My sister-in-law has a toy Chihuahua and I can't stand that dog but mine isn't your typical chihuahua she's about 10 pounds.

We also have a Mini-poodle and she's a fantastic dog. I've told my wife somewhere down the road I'd like to get a standard poodle as I've read nothing but good things about them. I'm kind of surprised how many people here have poodles.

Of my 5 dogs, long story, I would rate the Poodle and the Golden Retriever as the two best family dogs. My Chihuahua is a great dog but she's kind of cranky with kids.

Lots of people out there are not "dog" type people but I can't imagine not have a dog.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kstyle
i cried like a 12 year old boy to Marley and Me.

So did I, first after reading the book and then after watching the movie.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I always liked dogs, but never really bonded with any of the dogs we had when I was growing up. When I graduated, and left the comfort and companionship that are college roommates, I figured I'd get a dog to give me something to do. I bought a Rottweiler, having been familiar with the breed (we owned Rotties when I was growing up), and it was uncanny how quickly we bonded. I hated putting the dog in a kennel when I would travel, so I started hiring in home pet care. I got many, many years of loyal companionship, and unconditional love from that dog, and when he died, going on 5 years ago now, I was crushed. Find the right dog, and magic can result.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
My four:

dsc0046wy.jpg
dsc0045t.jpg

dsc0028x.jpg
dsc0043ij.jpg

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Douglas: nice Yorkies.
Love those little guys' personalities.

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want a shiba inu when I have a place that can support a dog.

Sherman90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dislike dogs, but have been told by some of my wiser friends that this is simply because I've never owned one. I'm completely open to the idea.

FWIW, I walked a dog only once. It was a larger breed. Not surprisingly, I found the experience of being dragged around by a dumb, foul-smelling beast quite disagreeable - having to pick up after it was icing on a ****** cake.

I definitely love cats.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sherman90
I definitely love cats.

I have good news for you - you and your partner are now able to legally wed in the state of California. Congratulations!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads