• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New custom menswear brand. Which logo do you like best?

Which tag do you like best?

• #1 - Plain

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • #2 - With blacksmith hammer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • #3 - With anvil

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • #4 - They all suck!

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters

Douglas Hatch

Reaction score
Hi all,
Later this year, I'll be launching a custom menswear brand called Suit Foundry. Right now I'm in the process of having some woven tags made to be sewn into our suits. I need your help deciding which design is best. What's your vote?

Specifically, do you think the whole "custom forged" thing is too hip for the room? Or do you like it?

Thanks!
- Doug

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suit foundry is a dumb name. Also I'm fairly sure what you're doing (using the forum for a commercial test area) is against the rules.

Douglas Hatch

Reaction score
As far as I can tell, this is not against the terms and conditions. Moreover, I think it's a pretty good thread topic. So you can take your indignation elsewhere. Thanks.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Using an open forum to solicit opinions will get you a wide array of said opinions. You won't like all, or most of them. Get used to it.

That said, the first one is the best. The others make me feel like I'm ordering a suit of armor...I'm not a LARPer.

Last edited:

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Using an open forum to solicit opinions will get you a wide array of said opinions. You won't like all, or most of them. Get used to it.
That said, the first one is the best. The others make me feel like I'm ordering a suit of armor...I'm not a LARPer.

I'd like this suit please...

BTW the hammer logo needs a sickle added.

Last edited:

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

curzon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Foundry, eh? Is it workwear? What does your master tailor think of the name?

Last edited:

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As a suit lover , I do not the pertinence of the brand name..

Foundry???

What kind of USP are you trying to put forward?

The name is confusing...

Foundry bring heavy industry connotations/mental pictures...

Douglas Hatch

Reaction score
Hi all,
Thanks for the feedback so far. We decided on the Suit Foundry brand name for several reasons:

1. The word Foundry is masculine and goes along with the whole "custom construction" theme. I actually like that it connotes industrial imagery. It seems to me edgy and hip.
  2. It is memorable right out of the gate, unlike a more traditional suit brand name like "Anderson & Sheppard".

We're targeting our brand at a 25-40 age group and $300-$700 price point. Does anyone out there like the brand? Any and all feedback is welcome, positive or negative.

- Doug

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Who is going to make these "custom founded" suits?

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Who is going to make these "custom founded" suits?

Only the finest artisan blacksmiths and forgers are going to be making these custom founded suits. :)

Last edited:

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi all,
Thanks for the feedback so far. We decided on the Suit Foundry brand name for several reasons:

1. The word Foundry is masculine and goes along with the whole "custom construction" theme. I actually like that it connotes industrial imagery. It seems to me edgy and hip.

1. So is this the imagery and looks you're trying to convey?

"edgy and hip"

[*] It is memorable right out of the gate, unlike a more traditional suit brand name like "Anderson & Sheppard". 

Well it's memorable, that's for sure. Fine bespoke tailoring doesn't come to mind though.

We're targeting our brand at a 25-40 age group and $300-$700 price point. Does anyone out there like the brand? Any and all feedback is welcome, positive or negative.

- Doug

If I was looking for protective helmets, high-visibility vests and safety boots...

Last edited:

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Could you make me a chainmail sportcoat?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads