• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Computer Help

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
I have just changed out a hard drive, and wound up with a much larger font. How do I shrink it back down?

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mac or PC?

Just the font, or is everything on your screen looking a little bigger. Either way, in what program, or is it when web-surfing, and if so, what program do you use? If it's the Web only, try holding Ctrl, then pressing the minus key...Need more info...

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Have you tried adding Duncan and Ginobili? I hear they're the answer to all of San Antonio's problems...
sarcasm.gif

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Mac or PC?

Just the font, or is everything on your screen looking a little bigger. Either way, in what program, or is it when web-surfing, and if so, what program do you use? If it's the Web only, try holding Ctrl, then pressing the minus key...Need more info...
That worked great.

Now how do I change the font?

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Have you tried adding Duncan and Ginobili? I hear they're the answer to all of San Antonio's problems...
It's not Duncan who's sucking. It's Ginobili and to a lesser extent Tony Parker.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
If I need to make you a step-by-step on how to turn your computer on, run a program, insert a CD/DVD (and play/install/whatever), change fonts/sizes, search the "internet", try and EXPLAIN that the "internet/web/cyberspace/etc." isn't really a place - and I that I can't actually tell you how to "go to the internet" when you are already online, if you can't figure out how to search/find/save/recall/organize your own computer, if you are baffled as to why there is more than one button on your mouse and what they are for, if you are unable to reconnect whatever you unplug, if you don't realize that your wireless keyboard/mouse is out of batteries and that your computer is not actually frozen. if you don't know how to open/close/make a shortcut/delete/or edit a program/file/document, if you don't know the difference between a disk drive tray and a retractable cupholder, if you don't know to not open emails from strangers/download spyware programs/make yourself a victim, if you don't know how to reboot/hibernate/shut down your computer, if you don't know how to send/recieve/or read email... you need more help than I can give you. Not specifically aimed at Steve, though i know he has occasional problems with some of this very basic stuff. Maybe its time to switch to a Mac?
smile.gif

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steve B.
That worked great. Now how do I change the font?
Geez, Steve -- I have a touch more info because you told me that worked, so I'm guessing you're using Internet Explorer, (perhaps Firefox but I doubt it). Those questions I asked were important, because both the problem and the solution is different depending on the program you're using. If it is IE or FF, I really can't help, because the font you see is determined by how the web designer wants the page to look. You can override that choice by creating your own style sheet, but that's waaaaaaaay more advanced than you want to go. ~ Huntsman

Toad

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
It'd help to know which OS you were using, genius.

Almost definitely a Windows user. If he were using a Mac or something else, he probably would've stated it in the first sentence of his post just like any other Mac fanboy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads