• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Closet Ideas

yellman

Reaction score
I am making a closet for my shoes and suits and shirts and pants etc..

The closet will be about 7 feet wide and about 15 feet long. I am interested in people's photos of their existing closets and the preferred way of storing their items. Also what ideas they may have as to how to structure it.

thanks

designprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I took some cues from retail.

Get good hangers! Also some hefty clothes hooks, you can hang this stuff up and step back and look.
I've toyed with the idea of building and finishing a box /grid to roll the ties up and have this on the wall and let the color into the room.

I have the advantage of a small spare closet, so the shoes went there.

Caballero

Reaction score
Yellman, I suggest visiting or calling The Container Store for the elfa closet system. They will help you design a closet for your needs with quality materials and easy to install. I don't have a picture, but here's an idea: http://www.containerstore.com/browse...RODID=10012791 I have the platinum with a drawer system in the middle that has a butcher block top which I use for sweaters, socks, ties, and polos. Also, on top I have small valet for keys, wallet and watch. It's not expensive and it optimizes your space for your paticular needs without the expense of a California Closet solution that can cost a couple of grand. -Caballero

yellman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Caballero
Yellman,
I suggest visiting or calling The Container Store for the elfa closet system. They will help you design a closet for your needs with quality materials and easy to install. I don't have a picture, but here's an idea:
http://www.containerstore.com/browse...RODID=10012791

I have the platinum with a drawer system in the middle that has a butcher block top which I use for sweaters, socks, ties, and polos. Also, on top I have small valet for keys, wallet and watch.

It's not expensive and it optimizes your space for your paticular needs without the expense of a California Closet solution that can cost a couple of grand.

-Caballero

excellent idea thank you

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a pretty confined space and I'm a poor photographer so I don't think I can do a much better job. I'd suggest going to the ClosetMaid site at http://www.closetmaid.com and playing around with their "visual storage planner" which is basically and drag and drop closet shelving designer.

marvinr

Reaction score
The problem with most mass-produced closets is you have to try to fit your life into someone else's idea of what should work. Stop just taking what is given to you. You deserve a custom design for your custom lifestyle. phoenix closet

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads