Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

New Cleverley Arrival

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gsugsu, Sep 21, 2009.

1. gsugsu

gsugsu Senior member

I was off Friday and when I walked into the office this morning, I found a package from Cleverley waiting. They are incredibly light as people have mentioned before. Sorry for the crappy BlackBerry photos. Maybe I should spend the money on a camera instead of shoes.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Drydis Greis

Drydis Greis Senior member

I was off Friday and when I walked into the office this morning, I found a package from Cleverley waiting. They are incredibly light as people have mentioned before. Sorry for the crappy BlackBerry photos. Maybe I should spend the money on a camera instead of shoes.

Very nice! I myself have a pair of brown NSTs on their way to me. Can't wait...

3. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

nice-- no mistaking the signature Cleverly toebox! If you're interested in getting a brand new pair, they now sell them online via Duncan Quinn. Still pricey, but I think these are less than both Lobb and Edward Green:

http://duncanquinn.com/products/shoes/dq-sho050902.html

4. gsugsu

gsugsu Senior member

Duncan has a nice selection but I went bespoke and I'm glad I did. Was measured by Domenic in NYC in April and overall it was a pleasant experience.

5. jon5986

jon5986 Senior member

Beautiful shoes! Nice work......

I am meeting with Cleverley in two week in NYC for my next pair of shoes! ummm what to get [​IMG]

6. gsugsu

gsugsu Senior member

Beautiful shoes! Nice work......

I am meeting with Cleverley in two week in NYC for my next pair of shoes! ummm what to get [​IMG]

So, what are you leaning towards; colour; leather, style?

7. jon5986

jon5986 Senior member

So, what are you leaning towards; colour; leather, style?

I am undecided. I want a new boot in (dark brown), which I can wear with jeans and I like a few of their new styles on the back on the Fall Itinerary Cards. Style number 2 (on the Fall Itinerary) is beautiful!

What's next on your list?

8. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

love the fiddleback, but i think the torch for the chiseled toe has passed from cleverley to others.

9. the.chikor

the.chikor Senior member

They look beautiful. Nice choice.

10. gsugsu

gsugsu Senior member

I am undecided. I want a new boot in (dark brown), which I can wear with jeans and I like a few of their new styles on the back on the Fall Itinerary Cards. Style number 2 (on the Fall Itinerary) is beautiful!

What's next on your list?

I do like that shoe. I'm not sure what is next for me. I was thinking about something in Russian Reindeer; maybe a boot like the Derby or the High-Cut Veldt.

11. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

love the fiddleback, but i think the torch for the chiseled toe has passed from cleverley to others.

This is not the best example of their toe- but shoe width does matter. Their new line is especially pronounced in the toe- as a Cleverley fan, even I am left pausing at a few of them... (which reminds me- a box from Cleverley should be on my doorstep soon [​IMG] )

12. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

This is not the best example of their toe- but shoe width does matter. Their new line is especially pronounced in the toe- as a Cleverley fan, even I am left pausing at a few of them... (which reminds me- a box from Cleverley should be on my doorstep soon [​IMG] )

i cannot understand, why people do not pick up their bespoke shoes personally???

the op' shoes are an unusual design and sorry i cannot say i like them at all...

13. gsugsu

gsugsu Senior member

i cannot understand, why people do not pick up their bespoke shoes personally???

the op' shoes are an unusual design and sorry i cannot say i like them at all...

I appreciate your honesty.

14. poorsod

poorsod Senior member

Are these the RTW or bespoke?

15. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

Hmmm...they're kinda ugly.

Was this the first pair from them? If so, what was your inspiration for the details?

- B