• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

New Charles Tyrwhitt Shoes

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ctshirts.com has some new shoes in its collection, including a jodhpur boot (below). There was talk last month that CT wouldn't be restocking the closeouts from the last sale. Do we have any reason to believe they might have changed suppliers from Loake with the new shoes?

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hard2Fit
Nice shoes. Benchmade?

That's what they claim on the web site; benchmade and goodyear welted. Their patent leather bals are a new model too (formerly a cap-toe, now a plain-toe). May drop in the shop today or tomorrow to see if they have the new ones in.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
So, what's the 50% off link?

I was wondering that too. I haven't seen one since the summer clearance began. Anyone?

DNW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looks nice. When the 50% off link comes around again, I might pick up those suede boots.

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are CT shoes still made by Loake? I thought I saw a post a while back stating that they would be made by someone else.

Lino

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hard2Fit
Are CT shoes still made by Loake? I thought I saw a post a while back stating that they would be made by someone else.

Last season was. Dunno about now, could be.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lino
Last season was. Dunno about now, could be.

They've definitely got new models in, and some I don't recognize as Loakes. But who knows?

Lino

Reaction score
No more two hole derbies, which is a pitty, I like those.

These have potential though:

lawyerdad

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Would CT not divulge the manufacturer if one were to ask? Are the identities of the manufacturers of "house brands" generally considered to be considered secrets, or at least not the sort of thing that is officially disclosed?

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lino
No more two hole derbies, which is a pitty, I like those. These have potential though:

Oh crap. ANother wholecut. Hmm, that looks a little like the Alfred Sargent wholecut...

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
Oh crap. ANother wholecut.

Hmm, that looks a little like the Alfred Sargent wholecut...

You may be on to something there... Of course, the Sargent medallioned whole cut has 4 eyelets and the plain-toe five, but there's nothing saying that the shoes can't be customized for CT. There seems at a glance to be fairly strong overlap between Sargent shoes and the new CTs...

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alfred Sargent Connaught. I don't see anywhere mention of the Connaught, Tavistock et.c. available in cherry though as far as A.S. is concerned...Hmm... The brogueing on the CT goes a little down the side and as you mentioned there are more eyelets. Interesting. And they are made in Northampton. Uhm, unfortunately that means that I WILL be buying one soon. I have two brown, one light chestnut and one black wholecut; no cherry yet
Addendum: I wish they still sold this one; I have one in black which I like.

Lino

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
Would CT not divulge the manufacturer if one were to ask? Are the identities of the manufacturers of "house brands" generally considered to be considered secrets, or at least not the sort of thing that is officially disclosed?

You can email them and ask, worst they will do is not tell you.

That said, they not exactly make it a secret that Loake made the shoes last season.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 30 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 143 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 274 33.0%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.7%
  • 31 - 40