New Chan Suit

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Vintage Gent, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Vintage Gent

Vintage Gent Senior member

This is my newest Chan suit (my fourth) that I took delivery on about a month ago. Its a 6x2 DB in light grey wool/mohair. Ignore the right cuff; I had just gotten dressed and failed to realize the sleeve was still hiding. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

Nice pocket square. [​IMG]

Looking sharp! I love the 6x2 and the material looks great. I think I would maybe drop the button stance an inch. It seems to be breaking the jacket into unequal parts.

3. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

I agree, I would consider a slightly lower buttoning point -- and I say this as someone who thinks 95% of the coats I see button too low. Not that yours looks bad, but it is a little "old world."

Also, have you thought about a wider lapel? With maybe a little more upward rake, a sharper point, and some belly? Just a thought.

Otherwise, that looks very, very good.

4. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

Classy. I too would go for a low stance... but that's maybe because I'm used to showing more shirt and tie.

5. Vintage Gent

Also, have you thought about a wider lapel? With maybe a little more upward rake, a sharper point, and some belly? Just a thought.

I have, and I've been trying to get Patrick to do much what you describe. Baby steps, though.

6. Vintage Gent

Nice pocket square. [​IMG]

I think this is the third pocket square I've bought from you. A few more and I'm going to have to start referring to you as my dealer.

7. marc237

marc237 Senior member

I think this is the third pocket square I've bought from you. A few more and I'm going to have to start referring to you as my dealer.

That's alright, he supplies my pants. Without chorse, I would go bare legged in NYC.

8. whoopee

whoopee Senior member

Very nice, VG. I agree with Manton about buttoning point and a sharper lapel - these are the two things that bother me about my Chan DBs, too.

9. thinman

thinman Senior member

LOL. Jamison _is_ my dealer. I own about 10 RL pocket squares, bought on sale at various outlet stores, 5 squares I've bought from Jamison, and a few miscellaneous squares from other sources.

Nice suit VG. I agree with the lower button stance and wider, more peaked lapels. I like to show more shirt and tie.

10. designprofessor

designprofessor Senior member

Nice suit. and I'm intrigued by the paining on the wall. Those dabs of color - ?[​IMG]

11. Vintage Gent

Nice suit. and I'm intrigued by the paining on the wall. Those dabs of color - ?[​IMG]

My daughter, age 3.

12. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

Suit looks great. Fabric seems to have a nice sheen to it. you look hip without looking out of sorts

Unlike everyone else, I like the button stance where it is. of course my books says the higher, the better [​IMG]

13. ccffm1

ccffm1 Senior member

Very nice suit, indeed. I also like the material a lot. But I must to concur to what most of the previous posts have said, a slightly lower button stance would make it even nicer. Nothing that couldn´t be solved with your next order, though. ;-)

14. Fabro

Fabro Senior member

Everytime you post one of your Chan suits I am more impressed. I'm holding out for a trip to HK or Shanghai to buy one myself.

15. UserName

UserName New Member

Nice DB suit. Makes me want to get a DB even more.

But... is the jacket a bit too long? Perhaps the length of the jacket makes the button stance seem high...