Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

New Chan Suit

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Vintage Gent, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Vintage Gent

Vintage Gent Senior member

This is my newest Chan suit (my fourth) that I took delivery on about a month ago. Its a 6x2 DB in light grey wool/mohair. Ignore the right cuff; I had just gotten dressed and failed to realize the sleeve was still hiding. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

Nice pocket square. [​IMG]

Looking sharp! I love the 6x2 and the material looks great. I think I would maybe drop the button stance an inch. It seems to be breaking the jacket into unequal parts.

3. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

I agree, I would consider a slightly lower buttoning point -- and I say this as someone who thinks 95% of the coats I see button too low. Not that yours looks bad, but it is a little "old world."

Also, have you thought about a wider lapel? With maybe a little more upward rake, a sharper point, and some belly? Just a thought.

Otherwise, that looks very, very good.

4. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

Classy. I too would go for a low stance... but that's maybe because I'm used to showing more shirt and tie.

5. Vintage Gent

Also, have you thought about a wider lapel? With maybe a little more upward rake, a sharper point, and some belly? Just a thought.

I have, and I've been trying to get Patrick to do much what you describe. Baby steps, though.

6. Vintage Gent

Nice pocket square. [​IMG]

I think this is the third pocket square I've bought from you. A few more and I'm going to have to start referring to you as my dealer.

7. marc237

marc237 Senior member

I think this is the third pocket square I've bought from you. A few more and I'm going to have to start referring to you as my dealer.

That's alright, he supplies my pants. Without chorse, I would go bare legged in NYC.

8. whoopee

whoopee Senior member

Very nice, VG. I agree with Manton about buttoning point and a sharper lapel - these are the two things that bother me about my Chan DBs, too.

9. thinman

thinman Senior member

LOL. Jamison _is_ my dealer. I own about 10 RL pocket squares, bought on sale at various outlet stores, 5 squares I've bought from Jamison, and a few miscellaneous squares from other sources.

Nice suit VG. I agree with the lower button stance and wider, more peaked lapels. I like to show more shirt and tie.

10. designprofessor

designprofessor Senior member

Nice suit. and I'm intrigued by the paining on the wall. Those dabs of color - ?[​IMG]

11. Vintage Gent

Nice suit. and I'm intrigued by the paining on the wall. Those dabs of color - ?[​IMG]

My daughter, age 3.

12. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

Suit looks great. Fabric seems to have a nice sheen to it. you look hip without looking out of sorts

Unlike everyone else, I like the button stance where it is. of course my books says the higher, the better [​IMG]

13. ccffm1

ccffm1 Senior member

Very nice suit, indeed. I also like the material a lot. But I must to concur to what most of the previous posts have said, a slightly lower button stance would make it even nicer. Nothing that couldn´t be solved with your next order, though. ;-)

14. Fabro

Fabro Senior member

Everytime you post one of your Chan suits I am more impressed. I'm holding out for a trip to HK or Shanghai to buy one myself.

15. UserName

UserName New Member

Nice DB suit. Makes me want to get a DB even more.

But... is the jacket a bit too long? Perhaps the length of the jacket makes the button stance seem high...