• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Cesare Attolini Store in NYC. Anyone been?

allman brotha

Reaction score
Sorry if I missed a recent post on this...I scanned for one. Hope this is not redundant!

Was wondering if anyone's got a report on the new Attolini store in NYC? I saw some coverage on GQ site. Looks pretty nice from the photos I saw. And big? Seems so at reported 2500 sq feet. Nice. Curious to know any info.

Thanks.
AB

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

"The tubular construction makes this very special belt even more special because, as it’s worn, it softens, assumes the shape of the wearer’s body, and develops a fit memory, much like a hand-sewn pair of leather shoes from John Lobb, Santoni or Edward Green – or a suit by Cesare Attolini............"

:crackup:

So does that mean that non-tubular belts that gradually form a gentle curve mimicking the waist of the wearer, are just cheap belts of poor quality?

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

"The tubular construction makes this very special belt even more special because, as it’s worn, it softens, assumes the shape of the wearer’s body, and develops a fit memory, much like a hand-sewn pair of leather shoes from John Lobb, Santoni or Edward Green – or a suit by Cesare Attolini............"

:foo:

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do remember a past thread about :foo: and his quest for an alligator tubo belt to replace one he had.

I don't remember whether the reason was because the tubular construction made the belt less durable and more prone to damage.

allman brotha

Reaction score
foo.gif

That passage needs a re-write, but I assume he means the belt's quality will form that memory "better" (?) (with more integrity) than some other belt - perhaps another in alligator? I don't know. Assumed. Anyway, I'd buy one if I had the cash. Hot looking belt.

The blog isn't bad. Jury's out on his pictures, but he makes a clear case as to why they look that way, so point to blogger.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

That passage needs a re-write, but I assume he means the belt's quality will form that memory "better" (?) (with more integrity) than some other belt - perhaps another in alligator? I don't know. Assumed. Anyway, I'd buy one if I had the cash. Hot looking belt. 

The blog isn't bad. Jury's out on his pictures, but he makes a clear case as to why they look that way, so point to blogger.  

I quite like the photos

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Meh, excessive hyperbole. All belts will eventually conform to the wearer's body/waist. That's why used belts get that curve instead of remaining straight.

I question the durability of pure alligator skin. Most alligator belts are backed by calf leather to increase durability.

As a luxury item there is no doubt that the tubular belt is awesome though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads