1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

new Cervato rainy days Goodyear welted shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by lakewolf, Aug 24, 2006.

1. lakewolf

lakewolf Senior member

influenced or encouraged by the forum, I am purchasing Goodyear Welted shoes to complement my already good collection of Italian slim shoes...
    So today I went shopping and found on sale this rubber soles Goodyear Welted shoes, that I think would be great on a rainy or snowy day...

the leather is "Cervato" that I imagine is young deer leather, Anybody know something about it? Is it better for the rain or cold weather ?

Thanks

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. lakewolf

lakewolf Senior member

I have been looking for "Cervato" references but I can't find any. somebody know something about shoes made with Cervato leather ?

3. EL72

EL72 Senior member

How do you know they're Goodyear Welted? They certainly don't look it to me.

4. lakewolf

lakewolf Senior member

They are goodyear welted... that is that the top and the inner sole are sewed together including a layer of cushioning, and then the soles are sewed to the frame...

this makes a shoe that have fully replaceable soles...

I have another pair of this same brand that has leather soles... this one has rubber soles

5. lakewolf

lakewolf Senior member

How do you know they're Goodyear Welted? They certainly don't look it to me.

This is the shoe interior view

[​IMG]

6. EL72

EL72 Senior member

Thanks for posting - nice shoes.