1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

New castangia suit *pics*

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Renault78law, Oct 21, 2004.

1. sirgarnetwolseley

sirgarnetwolseley Senior member

I think the suit looks really good and is definitely a keeper. Any adjustments needed are minor. A few comments regarding fit, keeping mind that I am not a tailor, and do not play one on tv;
    I believe you arms are the same length but your right shoulder has a slight drop. This is visible in both the front and back photos by the shoulder of the jacket being a bit lower. As well, I believe the drop right shoulder is causing the right chest to sit slightly lower which is causing the very slight crease around the center button on the right side. I think the jacket sleeves are very slightly too short but the too long shirt sleeves seem to accentuate it. You should take more photos with a different shirt and post them for use to comment on. [​IMG] If you desire more waist suppression then I think you should go for it. The waist looks fine the way it is, but would look good taken in a bit. People with athletic builds should not be afraid to show some waist. I think the jacket length is good but am confused regarding the trousers. Are those the actual trousers that are part of the suit or another pair? I think the trousers in the photo should be worn higher on the waist as the rise doesn't seem to quite rise all the way. I think a new belt would solve the problem. It is fine to leave the trousers slightly too big as long as you can keep them high enough with a belt. This will leave room for minor expansion. All that aside, you could wear the suit as it is (minus the basting threads) and look better than 98% of people on the street. The slim, athletic body is the ideal form on which to hang good clothes.

2. Renault78law

Renault78law Senior member

Oops, I should have cleared this up earlier. The trousers in the pictures are NOT the pants that came with the suit. The trousers in the pics happened to be the trousers I was wearing on that particular day...I didn't want to wear the pants that came with the suit because the bottoms aren't finished. Sorry for the confusion.

I'll update this thread with pics asap. Thank you everyone for your great comments.