New Canali Sportcoat: Good Deal? (PICS)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by AlexP415, Jul 27, 2006.

1. AlexP415

AlexP415 Well-Known Member

I just picked up this Canali "Exclusive Collection" sportcoat from eBay. It's 50% cashmere / 50% wool, double vented. I bought it for $299 plus $12 shipping - is it just my imagination, or did I get a great deal? I'm just waiting for the "Dude, that's the crappy, fused diffusion line!" posts... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. rssmsvc

rssmsvc Senior member

If it fits you , you got a wonderful deal, the exclusive line is very well made.

3. EL72

EL72 Senior member

I'm just waiting for the "Dude, that's the crappy, fused diffusion line!" posts... [​IMG]

Actually, that is the higher end Canali line, soo you did get a great deal. From the pics and saks label, I bet the seller was joeclothing.

4. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

What would most of you wear this with? Navy trousers, or perhaps Khaki or sand colored cotton or tan wool pants?

5. EL72

EL72 Senior member

What would most of you wear this with? Navy trousers, or perhaps Khaki or sand colored cotton or tan wool pants?

Light grey, charcoal, navy, tan, brown trousers - lots of options here.

6. AlexP415

AlexP415 Well-Known Member

I bet the seller was joeclothing.
    Bingo! It was joeclothing.
    I see myself wearing this with anything from mid-gray worsted trousers, to flannels, to a pair of navy cotton twill pants that I just picked up. I'm definitely open to other suggestions, though... Glad to hear this is a well-made coat. I certainly like the look, and according to the measurements, it should fit me quite well. Cheers

7. thinman

thinman Senior member

Great jacket and a very nice price. I'd wear virtually any color trousers with this that others have listed, but I'd favor grays, navy, tan, and browns. Colors I wouldn't wear are black or light blue (and the more fashion-forward colors like yellow or red that I don't wear anyway [red would probably work if you're bold enough]).