1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

New c&j handgrade - wow!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by montecristo#4, May 14, 2004.

1. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Senior member

Just received these C&J "Mortimer" style monk straps in antique tan. Absolutely beautiful shoes. [​IMG] [​IMG] Can't wait to take them for a spin. Montecristo#4

2. Lint Brush

Lint Brush Senior member

Just beautiful. Looks like a very elegant last--I wonder how it compares to the Savile, which I think is on the 337 last.

3. TimelessRider

TimelessRider Senior member

Very nice. How's the fit on this model?

4. montecristo#4

It's difficult to describe how the fit is--I can only give you my perspective on how they feel on my individual foot.

Normally, I wear size 10.5 Aldens, which fit me just about perfectly in a Copley last. These C&J's are a size 10.5 C&J (purchased at Ben Silver, where the shoes are sized in US measurements). They are just slightly narrower up where the toes are than the Aldens, but not narrow enough to be a problem. Otherwise they feel similar to the Aldens--maybe a bit lower in profile. They should be a perfect fit after some breaking in. Not sure what the last is, although "330" is marked in the shoe next to the name "Mortimer."

Montecristo#4

5. TimelessRider

TimelessRider Senior member

Ah...They're from Ben Silver. This explains why I couldn't find this model/color combination in the C&J catalogue.

330 is in indeed the last number. Thanks for the info.

6. montecristo#4

Yes, I checked Plal for this model--no such luck. The closest was the Savile, as you mention. But I didn't like the style quite as much and I couldn't get it in antique tan. So I bit the bullet and went with Ben Silver.

Any idea what UK size a 10.5D translates into in C&J? 9.5E?

M#4

7. jcusey

jcusey Senior member Dubiously Honored

Probably 10E.