1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

New brand: Kuyichi Denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by T4phage, Apr 7, 2006.

1. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

LA, here is the new brand I told you about:
    http://www.kuyichi.com I don't think all the different washes are shown in the site, since I remember seeing the straight legged and bootcut ones in a one rinse. Nice philosophy behind it too, using Fair Trade cotton.

edit: the site is nice in that they let you see how the jeans fit via a mini movie.

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Hmmm... they seem decent, though, of course, it is really hard to tell denim quality and jean construction without actually seeing them in person and looking at them in detail. The placement of the back pocket detail seems a lot like Sugarcanes, which is interesting. I like the fits more than a lot of the super skinny fits I've been seening lately. Most of my jeans fit somewhere between the Jeff and the Ryan, with one or two pairs as tight as the Coles. What is the pricepoint for these jeans?

And why is it so hard to see the clothes? Web designers...

Are you going to posts pics of those jeans we talked about. I am really interested in seeing them!

3. weirdnjfan1

weirdnjfan1 Senior member

Deffently a nice looking company. I like the way that the make their washed denim look like it's dry. I really dig those loose fits. The seem like they aren't too tight, but just tight enough. Where can I get them in the states?

4. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

LA: from my quick inspection of them, they looked pretty nice. Good hand and weight to the denim. If I remember, the price range was around Euro 100 or in the vicinity.

weirdnjfan1: I have no clue where you can get them in the States, sorry. Send them an email.

5. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

I was much more impressed by their offerings for women than their men's stuff.

6. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

..... Are you going to posts pics of those jeans we talked about. I am really interested in seeing them!
    Sorry, didn't wear them today. Will get pics soon though.

7. LA Guy

Sorry, didn't wear them today. Will get pics soon though.

You can always do as Brian does, and artfully place the jeans in a carefully dishevelled pile and then use a cool filter and touch up in Photoshop [​IMG]

8. hermes

hermes Senior member

i was just in the hague yesterday (t4phage, i didn't realize you were in the hague, very different from amsterdam by the way, very beautiful city, but how do you stand that wind blowing in off the north sea through scheveningen .....) and i checked out the kuyichi denim selection there and in amsterdam

it was okay, the organic cotton/free trade thing is its biggest draw but the sales guy i chatted with said it was very popular with the dutch and sold very well

i tried on a few pairs, but did not buy, it just wasn't my thing and didn't seem to suit my body i guess as it didn't look like it sat well on my hips - i only really liked the wash of the luke model but it was too low rise for me

there was a recent article on the brand in something like british gq or something, within the last few months, that's where i read about it recently

9. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

You can always do as Brian does, and artfully place the jeans in a carefully dishevelled pile and then use a cool filter and touch up in Photoshop [​IMG]

I took that picture for a packaging design project I'm working on. There were no filters on it, only photoshopped change was image size.

10. LA Guy

I took that picture for a packaging design project I'm working on. There were no filters on it, only photoshopped change was image size.

Ahahahahaha. Just messing dude [​IMG]

11. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

i was just in the hague yesterday (t4phage, i didn't realize you were in the hague, very different from amsterdam by the way, very beautiful city, but how do you stand that wind blowing in off the north sea through scheveningen .....) and i checked out the kuyichi denim selection there and in amsterdam

it was okay, the organic cotton/free trade thing is its biggest draw but the sales guy i chatted with said it was very popular with the dutch and sold very well

i tried on a few pairs, but did not buy, it just wasn't my thing and didn't seem to suit my body i guess as it didn't look like it sat well on my hips - i only really liked the wash of the luke model but it was too low rise for me

there was a recent article on the brand in something like british gq or something, within the last few months, that's where i read about it recently

The cold North Sea wind..... [​IMG] we have to live with it.
    Did you go to Mode d'emploi or Bendorff in Den Haag? Was it Dennis or Johan that you spoke to? Did you also get to check out the Denim Excentrics label?

12. Sander

Sander Senior member

Any more info on this?

13. Mistral

Mistral Senior member

Good call, bumping a thread that is almost 6 years old...

14. Sander

Sander Senior member

So? Better than making a new one with the same title.