• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Bostonian model "Grappa"

Kasper

Reaction score
I really like the style of this althought I don't know why its called "Grappa" sounds too close to Crappa to me. Since it has the 2Pod system I think I might order it as a new work/travel shoe. Zappos has it for 93.95 which seems like a fair price.

985-299025-d.jpg

epr

Reaction score
I'm not sure why they chose the name for this particular shoe, but Grappa is a spirit distilled from the residue, or pumice, of wine-making. It's usually 90-100 proof, and it's flavor depends largely on the type of grapes used in that particular wine. It's not wine flavored, and my wife always comments it tastes like moonshine, but I rather like it occasionally, especially served cold (although I don't think it's traditionally served that way). Maybe they think they style is Italian, as most Grappa's are.

bachbeet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Dad liked Grappa and he drank it room temp. I hated it and still do.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't bother. I'm not really fond of the design, but even if you are, it's Bostonian, and that means ****** quality.

mrchapel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bachbeet
My Dad liked Grappa and he drank it room temp. I hated it and still do.

Yep, it's best served warm or at room temp. Reason for this is, most drinks in Europe are not served cold because the energy costs for refrigeration are quite high. Same thing in Germany.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
Don't bother. I'm not really fond of the design, but even if you are, it's Bostonian, and that means ****** quality.
You have eyeballed his avatar, yes?
devil.gif

Kasper

Reaction score
I have never had a problem with Bostonians and actually I find the quality to be very good. I can say this from the experience of going between 2 pairs 5 days a week for over 2 years now. They still are in great shape and I am comfortable in them while staying on my feet most the day for work.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is one ugly shoe.

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
This is one ugly shoe.

Yes, but the shoes will prevent the socks from being worn out if one walks on any surface other than cashmere.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads