1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

2. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

NEW Borrelli / Brioni / Kiton / T&A ties

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by newtrane, Nov 7, 2004.

1. newtrane

newtrane Senior Member

Gentlemen I just added a couple of terrific ties on Ebay: My Ebay Items Please find some pics below. I will be happy to answer any questions you may have - please do not hesitate to contact me. Brioni [​IMG] Borrelli [​IMG] Turnbull & Asser [​IMG] Kiton [​IMG] Kiton [​IMG] Borrelli [​IMG] Borrelli [​IMG] The shirt on the first three pictures is one of my favourites from Ricky (Jantzen Tailor). Thank you very much for looking.

2. Kaga

Kaga Senior Member

Dude, no way is that Turnbull and Asser tie retailing for $200, like you say it is in your listing. Maybe $110-120 tops. Can you correct that in your listing?

3. zjpj83

zjpj83 Distinguished Member

brioni ain't $250 either

4. newtrane

newtrane Senior Member

Gentlemen

Thank you very much for your posts.

Brioni ties retail at CHF 300.00 at Brunos at Bahnhofstrasse in Zürich, Switzerland - At the current exchange rate, this is even more than USD 250.00.

I am not sure about the exact price of the T&A tie I bought at Jermyn Street in London though - Kaga: Are you sure they sell for less than UKP 70.00 now?

Thank you again for your posts and sorry for any inconvenience.

Best regards.

5. zjpj83

zjpj83 Distinguished Member

I have a couple of T&A ties that I think were around $115 (?)
    I'm not 100% sure on the Brionis' retail as I always buy them on sale at Neiman Marcus for like $75, but I think they are between $135 and $160.

Best,
    ZJ

6. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Because of the weak dollar, retail prices are actually significantly lower in the U.S.A. than in Europe right now. Even at the most inflated prices, I haven't seen Brioni ties selling for more than $200 (and these are the very intricate ones) at any U.S. retailer. The Borrellis probably retail in the states for about $165-175. And the T&A probably retails for something under $125. I know that a lot of American retailers are taking hits on their profits right now because the relative markup is lower than it used to be. People just wouldn't buy the stuff otherwise. Well, some would, but most (even those who can afford it) would blanch at the thought of paying over $200US for a tie.